Re: skype can't connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

skype can't connect

I've been having problems with skype for the past 3 days. I keep getting a message with a red exclamation point saying skype can't connect. I've tried everything from reinstalling skype 3 times to checking my firewall. Nothing is working I have perfect internet connection but skype doesn't work. This is a huge inconvenience since i am currently living overseas and I can only contact people and talk to them via skype.

jamey26
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (691 Views)

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6934
Message 2 of 4 (670 Views)

I was using Mcafee Internet Secruity a free subcription came with my acer notebook but the subcription ran out maybe 1 year ago so I haven't been using any anti-virus program for 1 year. It worked fine until about 4 days ago and stopped working.

jamey26
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 4 (661 Views)

You need to configure McAfee’s Firewall to allow Skype traffic or completely disable it.

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37324

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Problems-with-Signing-Into-Skype-Message-quot-Skype-can-t/m-p/...

If this will still not work, then you need to remove any traces of McAfee from your computer.

pchell.com/virus/uninstallmcafee.shtml

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6934
Message 4 of 4 (646 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling