"Skype has stopped working"

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Skype has stopped working"

I use skype on a daily basis and all of a sudden I cannot make calls or chat with other skype members.  A few seconds after I sign in I get a thing that says, "Skype has stopped working."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and I keep getting the same thing.

brittanyrusso
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 34 (15,150 Views)

Re: "Skype has stopped working"

I to am having this problem. 

I use skype on a daily basis to call and see my boyfriend. We both are having this issue and are both very frustrated. We have tried to uninstall and reinstall nothing works. I would like this problem resolved and if it is not I will find a new service to use...

Unhappy user...

ch3lzbear
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 34 (15,141 Views)

I've been having the same problem with the "skype has stopped working" as soon as a video call has been answered.  Also, the last time i used skype i got a weird call from a "Skype Help" or something like that that seemed like spam. I wonder if that's related to the problem....I surely hope this is not permanent! HELP!!

kandroskii
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 34 (15,132 Views)

I can't even make a call. Where does one go to do that.

ernstime1
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 34 (15,129 Views)

alot of us are having this skype crashing issue tonite--ck alot of other posts regarding this issue-its happening with both 110 and 124 skyype versions-even tried uninstalling and re-installing these versions and no solution -BUT after reading many posts concerning this issue some skype users have installed the latest version of skype --BETA 5.7.0.123 and it works so I am spreading the news ---I by the way have laptop with windows 7 /64 bit http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/   DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION ^^^^^^

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 5 of 34 (15,115 Views)

I think Microsoft is purposely doing this to encorage everyone to get paid membership. No quick support for "free" users. Microsoft is a money-greedy empire as you all know. This never happned before Microsoft took over. God bless Skype
chulantha01
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 34 (15,103 Views)

thank you!! this solved the issue for now!

eptak24
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 34 (15,087 Views)

I've been trying to chat. I get a "Skype is not working" message after I log on and try to type a message or do a video call. I have downloaded a new version of skype but it still does not work. HELP!

maxine
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 34 (15,079 Views)

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/  IF U READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS THIS LATEST VERSION THAT I SUPPLIED THE LINK FOR WORKS AND STOPS THE SKYPE CRASHING ISSUE PROBLEM-I BY THE WAY HAVE WINDOWS 7/64 BIT

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 9 of 34 (15,069 Views)

Mine has stopped working as well and my daughters..Please fix this...help us

Phxsunsfan1969
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 34 (15,023 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling