Why can't I see my contacts list?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Why can't I see my contacts list?

Why can't I see my contacts list? I just get the home page with all the features, as if I was being introduced to Skype. Does this have something to do with installing Skype on a new computer?

Devorah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 7 (10,870 Views)

Re: Why can't I see my contacts list?

Hello Devorah,

I see you are having problems loading your contact list.  This normally has to do with your Windows Provacy setting being set to high on a new computer. You might want to play with the setting for the Wondows Firewall and set it a little lower and see if that makes a difference for you.  You should also check your Virus Protection and its setting.  Opening up for Skype is not a security issue.  Try that and let is know.

Thank You for using Skype and the Skype Community Forums.

Regards,

Victor S.

Skype Enterprise Support
VictorS
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 2 of 7 (10,861 Views)

Please visit the link below as the explanations and instructions there might help;

Skype Application vs Account Page

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1400
Message 3 of 7 (10,860 Views)

At the top of your screen in the section where your contacts should be there are two push buttons, one labeled "Skype" and one labeled "Address Book".  If you haven't built your address book yet that will be empty and all your contacts will still be in the "Skype" list by default.  You may have clicked one or the other of these buttons by mistake.  Try clicking the "Skype" button and see if your contacts are there.  I had the same problem myself a few minutes ago....

0 Kudos
john_wotherspoo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 7 (10,800 Views)

Have just discovered a solution.

backup your contacts on the computer where you see the entire list. Then import the contacts in your new Skype. This worked for me :happy:

VictorS wrote:

Hello Devorah,

I see you are having problems loading your contact list.  This normally has to do with your Windows Provacy setting being set to high on a new computer. You might want to play with the setting for the Wondows Firewall and set it a little lower and see if that makes a difference for you.  You should also check your Virus Protection and its setting.  Opening up for Skype is not a security issue.  Try that and let is know.

Thank You for using Skype and the Skype Community Forums.

0 Kudos
chaitanyapandit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 7 (6,026 Views)

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1243
Message 6 of 7 (5,622 Views)

[ Edited ]

Transfer to Skype for Computer: Linux message board.

Topic closed - contact list enquiries are best posted to the message board specific to your computer's operating system or your mobile device's operating system.

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1243
Message 7 of 7 (5,487 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling