Re: What do calls actually cost on SKYPE connect? ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

What do calls actually cost on SKYPE connect? .80 cents or .08 cents?

[ Edited ]

It says the basic charge for calls is .8 cents a minute.  Then it says you can buy a 5000 minute bundle for $30.  That makes no sense.  .8 cents a minute is .80 EIGHTY CENTS a minute.  That would mean 5000 minutes at 80 cents would be $400.

Then it gives an example of 30,000 minutes costing $171.  or .57 cents per minute if you used all 30,000 minutes.  Again this makes no sense what so ever.  30,000 minutes at .57 cents is $17,100.

Could it be that what you meant to say is that calls are billed at .08 cents?  or .057 cents?

This would make more sense.  I am certainly not signing up for something that costs 80 cents a minute.  I would think that a company as large as SKYPE would know enough not to make such stupid representations as .57 cents vs. .057 cents.  So which is it?

Also if I only want to use SKYPE connect on 1 line for outbound calls only, do I need an inbound phone number?

I want to use an automated dialer with a taped message.  I am a dentist, and I have over 7500 patients.  I need to advise all of them that I have moved my office location, and I just can't make 7500 calls by hand.

Thank you!

Doc

doclasvegas
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Re: What do calls actually cost on SKYPE connect? .80 cents or .08 cents?

Huh? I think you need to revisit your maths :happy:

0.8 cents a minute is exactly that,  eight tenths of a cent per minute. OR you can write that as 0.08 dollars. So 5,000 minutes = 40 dollars, a saving of 10. You don't need an inbound number in order to make calls.

jlom

justlittleoldme
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

You need to revisit your English.  :bigsmile:  

If it said .8 of a cent, that would make sense.  Because .8 of a CENT that would be 8/10ths of a single penny or 80% of a penny or .8.  However .8 CENTS, plural is 80 CENTS!  

You even said, "eight tenths of a cent per minute."  You did't say, "eight tenths of a CENTS per minute" did you?

You can't call 1 PENNY, "CENTS" that is the plural of CENT indicating you are talking about more than 1 penny.  You don't say, "I only have 1 cents."  You don't say, "I only have 1 pennys."  You say I only have 1 cent, I only have 1 penny, but tomorrow I will have 2 cents.

I have a PhD, but you don't need one for simple English.  

The information is written poorly.

DocLasVegas

doclasvegas
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (339 Views)

But hey, I do thank you for the clarification and translation service for letting me know what SKYPE was really trying to say.

doclasvegas
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (337 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling