Re: One Account for Multiple Businesses

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

One Account for Multiple Businesses

I run a number of small companies and want to use Skype to handle the phone calls.

Each company needs to have its own phone number.

I know that I can have up to 10 numbers associated with one account, which is great. However I don't know the specifics of how this will work in practice.

What I need to know is:

1. Will I be able to tell which number was called when receiving a call (so that I can answer with the appropriate company name)?

2. Will I be able to tell which number was called if the call goes to an answerphone?

3. Will I be able to customise the answerphone outgoing message so that it's different for each number?

4. Can two people on separate devices be logged into the same account with these multiple numbers at the same time?

4a. If so, can these two people call each other using this account?

4b. If so, can they each answer separate calls?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Arlandria
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (653 Views)

Hi, Arlandria, and welcome to the Community!

The answer to most of your questions being, "no," please do reach out to the Skype for Business people for information on how best to set up Skype for Business:

Using Skype in your business

Transform the way your business works with cost effective and collaborative tools.

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1733
Message 2 of 4 (644 Views)

If the answer to most of my questions is "no", then Skype does not meet my needs and will not be used, so why on earth would I engage in a discussion about the shortcomings of a product I have rejected?

Arlandria
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (348 Views)

Hi, Arlandria,

Fair question - however, I am not an expert in all things related to Skype Manager or Skype Connect, so my intent was to point you in the right direction so as to have your enquiries addressed by those who are thoroughly familiar with the product offering.

I apologize for any confusion and frustration; was not my plan.

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1733
Message 4 of 4 (308 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling