Re: LINKSYS IP Phone SPA921

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

LINKSYS IP Phone SPA921

I have a LINKSYS IP Phone SPA921 telephone, how i can connect and use skype? Thank you
swordbros
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,474 Views)

???

swordbros
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (1,466 Views)

I have the same phone and I am finding it hard to get instructions on how to set this phone up with Skype.

Can anyone direct me to the right place?

Haverhill
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,405 Views)

To understand... You purchased a VOIP phone and now you want to use it with skype?

To use the phone you will need to use Skype Connect from a business account and take the registration information from the profile you create in the skype manager and put it into the spa921 web configuration page.

The spa921 only supports SIP natively and not skype. There are several phones that come with Skype built in that may be better suited for what you are trying to do (google for skype voip phone). Are you sure you want to use it?

skibumatbu
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (1,355 Views)

Thanks for your response skibumatbu.

I had come to the conclusion that I would have to set up Skype Connect, did this and then looked at the price and changed my mind.

In the end I went to Voipfone and set up a free account with £5 free call to start with, which is enabling me to test out my VoIP phone that I bought.  Even get a free direct dial number to use.  So far used it for my work conference call which dialling an 0800 number is free and people have called me on it.  Call quality is great.

All working fine now.

Thanks

Peter

Haverhill
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,345 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling