Keep getting Skype has stopped working message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Keep getting Skype has stopped working message

[ Edited ]

This started last night (2/13/12) .. I keep getting a message saying Skype is not working. I have tried everything I can find online! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times .. it wont uninstall in safe mode .. I have tried the (run - %appdata%\skype) and that didn't work .. I looked in my event viewer and found this code ( http:// schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events… ) but still have not been able to figure out how to fix this issue .. I signed on with another computer to my account so I know its working .. any thoughts?? Please help

Kfreund
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (1,054 Views)

Re: Keep getting Skype has stopped working message

Im having the same problem and i have tried all of the same things that you have nothing in the forums has seemed to work. My skype stopped working 3/11/12 looks like yours hasnt worked for alot longer. Have you ben able to find a solution yet?
impregnatorwow
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (566 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling