Important: No charges for using Skype Manager

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Important: No charges for using Skype Manager

[ Edited ]

Initially we started our Skype Manager offering with a notice that we might charge for it in the future. Skype has revised this strategy and is not planning to charge for Skype Manager usage in the foreseeable future.

P.S.: In case anyone notices any references to paid Skype Manager - please post here so we can get them removed ASAP.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11900
Message 1 of 10 (6,029 Views)

Re: Important: No charges for using Skype Manager

Hi,

At skype manager pricing page, there are still inconsistenteces. Try to look at this page in Polish, German, Russian languages. Even in English international there is still information about trial version until 31-07-2011.

Best regards :wink:

0 Kudos
emka1977
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 10 (5,835 Views)

Hi!

Thanks for noticing. I spotted the Russian version is incorrect, but will also report Polish and German.

Where did you find reference on English site?
0 Kudos
Slava
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1324
Message 3 of 10 (5,792 Views)

Please help!

This may not be the place for this but I can't work out where to get an answer.

I have two skype accounts and need to make calls from the second but skype won't allow payments from my credit card as it is already connected to my first account. I've added my personal account and it still wont allow a payment for phone credit.

I really need this for business purposes and as I'm an Australian but living in China I can't get any help.

Please can anyone tell me how to deal with someone at skype, surely there is an office somewhere? 

0 Kudos
cs-craig
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (5,654 Views)

Hey, 

This site still shows that prices will change by july 31, 2011, which is some time ago now! :happy:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/skype-manager/#t_pricing

I find it very difficult to actually figure out, what it would cost our company, to use Skype for business purposes. Is it still the same prices if we have 20+ people signed up for group video etc. than it would be if we signed them up one by one? Can you direct me to someone i can call or email and talk with about this?

0 Kudos
LarsOlafsson
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (5,589 Views)

Hi!

Thank you for pointing this out. The outdated pricing info has not been removed yet, don't know why it takes so long.

If you wish to discuss specifics, please get in touch with support via email (there is no phone support, sadly) at https://support.skype.com/en/support_selection
0 Kudos
Slava
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 10 (5,586 Views)

in researching how skype manager works, I came across a video that describes the process and the video talks about starting off with credits ( i.e. $)  and then distributing them to other skype managers that the primary one assigned.  I believe that is a reference to cost that you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
kated21
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (5,419 Views)

Hi!

Could you possibly give a link to that video?

If its just allocating Skype Credit - then its fine, this is one of the Skype Manager features. If it was talking about the fact that just having Skype Manager is a paid feature - then it is an issue, yes.

0 Kudos
Slava
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 8 of 10 (5,407 Views)

Hi,

I had an email from Raymond A. at Skype Support this week, actually in relation to something else, but he added:

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the specific date when will the free trial of Skype Manager ends. Rest assured, you will be notified when this will be implemented.

So it sounds like it will be chargeable at some point? 

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
bxg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 10 (5,258 Views)

Latest info I know is that there are no plans to charge for Skype Manager.

Even if it happens (which I doubt), there will be early notice.
0 Kudos
Slava
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 10 of 10 (5,256 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling