Re: IP PBX loses connection to SIP Skype server

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

IP PBX loses connection to SIP Skype server

The IP PBX seems to be connected to sip skype server, but the server doesn´t respond. I force a log out and log in again into my sip account by the PBX. So, every thing goes fine. The sip skype server responds fine until next freeze. I recorded a LAN trace where is easy to verify the IP PBX requesting skype server and the server doesn´t respond.

I use the sip skype everyday and everyday two or more times it stop responding. Logging out and logging in again solves for a while.

My IP PBX is a GrandStream UCM6102 at last firmware update.

I contacted a manufacture engineering whom analysed the trace and got the same conclusion: SIP Skype server stop responding for nothing.

Arguis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

I´m not sure whether ip pbx loses connection or just skype server doesn´t respond to ip pbx correctly and the pbx uses its trunk fail over.

Has anybody faced something similar?

Arguis
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (261 Views)

I´ve just tested a solution that keep working for the last 2 days. Before that I had to log off and on again twice or more a day.

The ip pbx has a feature called "enable qualify" which one tests the sip server each 60s. Once I turned it off the ip pbx has been working fine. 

2014-06-20_1907.png

Arguis
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling