Find my skype business account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Find my skype business account

Hello,

I downloaded Skype for business because my employer requires that we use it.  At the main page, instead of clicking that I am an existing user, I thought that I was going to be a new user and created an account, but the company had already created a name and password (so  an account I assume) for me.  I can't seem to accesss this account now.  Does anybody have any ideas how to find it now? (I tried just using the name and password they provided to sign in but it did not work)

Thank you,

Rebecca F

rebecca_f_2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (196 Views)

Re: Find my skype business account

Hi, Rebecca,

If I understand it correctly, you created a new account when you downloaded and installed the Skype Client software, and now every time you start Skype, this account is automatically started and you are signed on to it.  If yes,

- Sign out of this account and quit Skype. 

- Re-start Skype, and when the sign-on dialogue box appears, un-check "Sign me in when Skype starts." 

- Continue to sign in as if you were going to use the account, and then sign out once again.  I include this step so the account "remembers" not to sign you in.

When you start Skype again, you should now be able to sign in using the account and password that your company created for you and assigned to you.  If not, I suggest you contact them to ensure you have the correct account name and password.  Let me know how it goes!

Kind regards,

Elainem77

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!

Good catch! :happy:  My thanks to those of you who pointed out that in my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service that the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button, and that to file an e-mail request, we click "Submit."

Trustworthy information: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1594
Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling