Re: Convert personal to business account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Convert personal to business account

Hi,

I have a Skype Manager account in which I have created business accounts for 5 other people, however it appears that I created my account as a personal account so i am unable to add a "number" to my Skype name.

Can I convert my personal account to a business account?

Chris

chris_pound
Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 59 (14,899 Views)

chris_pound wrote:
Can I convert my personal account to a business account?

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes. Please file here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1466
Message 2 of 59 (14,894 Views)

I just contacted Skype and this is what they said

Norman Ivan C. says,
I apologize we do not support a feature to change a personal account to a business account.
4:39:48 PM PST karljacob3 says,
I looked it up on the support site and someone from support directed me to contact support to change it
4:40:38 PM PST karljacob3 says,
4:40:53 PM PST Norman Ivan C. says,
I understand, I am very sorry if the information was not directly provided there, however; we really do not support the change request.
Any other suggestions?
karljacob3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 59 (14,840 Views)

So when we set up skype for business it automatically creates a personal account instead of a business account and now I am stuck unable to use my business name as my account name because it is locked in a personal account and none of the accounts on skype can be deleted or modified. Am I correct in all of the previous statement? If so when is skype going to join the modern age of computing and enable a delete function or a change of status? It isnt that difficult, I do this for a living.

I hope you can resolve this issue or you will be able to count me as yet another very annoyed customer that will be looking to move my business to a company that can handle simple requests.

mcp-64
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 4 of 59 (14,513 Views)

karljacob3 wrote:

I just contacted Skype and this is what they said

Norman Ivan C. says,
I apologize we do not support a feature to change a personal account to a business account.
4:39:48 PM PST karljacob3 says,
I looked it up on the support site and someone from support directed me to contact support to change it
4:40:38 PM PST karljacob3 says,
4:40:53 PM PST Norman Ivan C. says,
I understand, I am very sorry if the information was not directly provided there, however; we really do not support the change request.
Any other suggestions?

Hi,

I can confirm that it is not possible to convert personal account inot business account.

You can only create a new user Id, with similar name.

Sorry :speechless:

If my answer helped to fix your issue, mark it as a Solution to help others.
Thank You!

Please send private messages only upon request.
Joanna_M
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 613
Message 5 of 59 (14,498 Views)

I have the same issue.

We use a naming scheme to make it easy for our personel to find and add others, consistency and so forth. We have been able to apply this consistency throughout, except for my own account.

When I created my own account, I already had the naming scheme in mind, so now for me to create a business account for myself, I have to use something different outside of the naming scheme.

From my point of view, there would be two possible solutions:

1 - Allow for an account to be deleted. This would free the name up for use.

2 - Allow for the account to be converted from personal to business.

Neither can be done from our side, so it is up to Skype to fix.

elrin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 6 of 59 (14,461 Views)

We have got the similar situation! We have created users with naming convention like firstname.surname.hai (abbreviated for HelpAge International) and now found we cannot convert these accounts to business accounts nor we can delete these and recreate accounts with similar name! Skype, please fix it!!
ashrafkhan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 59 (14,027 Views)

I just made the same error!  There needs to be a better way to help businesses get started.  I had an online chat this morning with a customer svs person, they said nothing to help me avoid this!

Seems a business account needed to be set up first, then everyone added after, so why not have some BIG RED WARNING SIGN!  Something to get our attention and help set up the business accts properly..

DemandComp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 8 of 59 (13,953 Views)

This is a real problem for Business accounts...

I recently had one user who originally was a business account left the skype manager by accidentally clicking on Leave Skype Manager when looking around his account settings... Which converted his account to a Personal account.  So if you can go one way you should be able to go the other way...

At the very least provide a means by which you can delete an account/or rename an account such that naming conventions can be adopted and followed for all members in an organization, rather than having to change a single/multiple usernames to something close because you can't use the same name of an existing account.  That is ludicrous.

Skype please fix this blatant bug in your system or we will take our business elsewhere.

Thank You,

Mike

BMTFleet
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 59 (13,916 Views)

Good to see its not just me.

We can't use the service until its fixed

lamonteee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 59 (13,884 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling