Re: Cannot sign in.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Cannot sign in.

Hi, I am having issues signing into skype at all, It loads for about 4-6 minutes and then just fails the connection.

My internet is working fine and Skype is working fine on any other computers I have, Any ideas?

SeargeantGrit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 8 (416 Views)

What Firewall and Antivirus applications are installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7398
Message 2 of 8 (410 Views)

I am using Avast and windows firewall.

SeargeantGrit
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (407 Views)

Try to disable Avast Firewall.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 8 (402 Views)

The same connection problem has happened with me, and the internet is working fine. It loads for a while then says 'Skype can't connect' and it's been doing that every time I try to log in for about 2 months now.

Please help.

P.S My firewall is Norton 360

frankieclarke
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 8 (388 Views)

Turns out Mcafee messed with my firewall, Got it working by turning off the firewalls.

Thanks!

SeargeantGrit
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (373 Views)

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

frankieclarke
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 8 (369 Views)

frankieclarke wrote:

Norton 360 is managing my firewall and I haven't a clue on how to change the settings because I know it must be why I can't sign in. I've tried following about 4 sets of instructions from people that sound like they've had the same problem as I have and nothing has worked so I think I will take my laptop to PC World / Currys this week because I need my Skype!!!!!!!!!

See this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=20080410211526EN&product...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 8 (365 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling