Cannot Add New Accounts. Site Hangs at "Creating ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Cannot Add New Accounts. Site Hangs at "Creating Accounts..."

I have been trying to add a new account via Skype Manager all morning.   The site just hangs at the stage where it says "Creating Accounts..."  It will hang this way for hours.

I am on a Mac and have tried on Chrome, Firefox and IE via a Virtual Machine.

Tech support said it was an issue on Skype's end, but we got disconnected and never got an ETA.   

Looking to know when this will be fixed and also to verify that others are having the issues.

Thanks.

Lee

leeforkenbrock
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (721 Views)

Re: Cannot Add New Accounts. Site Hangs at "Creating Accounts..."

I tried to add accounts for my staff via Manager for hours. All Skype wanted me to do was IT work, so that they could "elevate" the issue and study it. Be aware: Skype tech support has no ability to come on to your screen and fix anything. Such rudimentary tools are beyond the reach of Skype's techological prowess. So if you are running a business, and communication is important to you, forget about any kind of normal customer service. You will be directed to a page which teaches you how to take a "screen shot" of the issue you are experienceing, which you then must send to some generic e-mail address, so that it is eventually forwarded to a tech team, which will study the matter, and someday get back to you and tell you what they think about it. Oh - that important international conference call that you had to make? Send a courier pigeon; you'll get a quicker response.  

jamesgagelesq
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 4 (709 Views)

I'm trying to create account since 2days. Nothing works. It just stays on

"Creating accounts...

this may take a few minutes"

Skype is worst and worst every day.They should start sorting thier sh%$&!

|Kazan|

kazan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (689 Views)

add contacts hangs been trying for weeks living in namibia
doug123a
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (547 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling