Re: Automatically add all company members to a mem...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatically add all company members to a member contact lists (business accounts)

Greetings,

I am trying to add automatically new accounts to existing business account's contact lists so that they do not have to do so manually. Is there a way to do this through Skype Manager perhaps? All I have found is an interface where I have to add everyone manually, which is not so great I feel.

Also, would there be a way to share contact list through Skype Manager? e.g. If I add a new business account, to add client companie's list of contact readily available? This would simplify integration of new employee for us, as all we would do is create their account, have them log in on skype, and from there they could directly contact anyone which they would have to deal with (everyone else in the company, current clients, etc)

mtrudel
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 15 (3,750 Views)

Re: Automatically add all company members to a member contact lists (business accounts)

I share this question - this seems like a critical component for anyone looking to use this as a business solution. It's not realistic for me to expect my employees to manually add eachother (and to go do it again every time we hire someone new). Hoping someone from Skype can tell us how to accomplish this, and/or build this feature into a future release!
cbasdf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 15 (3,664 Views)

Re: Automatically add all company members to a member contact lists (business accounts)

This was the first question I got from staff when we started using Skype. Having as much of the contact adding automated as possible would make it much easier to get people that are perhaps slightly reluctant to use Skype involved, as every manual action will prove a barrier.

ClairMcMullen
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 15 (3,615 Views)

Although it is not important for me that new accounts automatically are add to our existing accounts, it would still be very nice to have like a corporate directory that every one could look in, anyways I hope that someone from skype will reply to this post.

Br

Martin Olsen

mwo-as3
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 15 (3,599 Views)

Just to show support - this is pretty critical to how we would want to use the system.

Richard

rcraddock
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 15 (3,578 Views)

Just wanted to bump this thread and add this is exactly what I'm looking for.  Why is this simple feature not available in Skype Manager?

evan_rh
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 15 (3,496 Views)

I too have this question and banged my head against the wall of chat support with no resolution.  They really need to add this very simple feature for a BUSINESS account use.

allison_edmodo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 15 (3,242 Views)

I've started investigating Skype Manager for my business.  When I discovered it, I assumed that the accounts I added in Skype Manager would be added to a directory for all of these accounts, otherwise, WHY ELSE WOULD I USE SKYPE MANAGER???  From what I can tell, Skype manager provides NO benefit other than giving ME more work to do- sheesh.  If I'm missing something, please let me know.

dlovitt
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 15 (2,719 Views)

We have 200+ employees. Maybe that's not much but when you need to add everyone manually it gets really frustrating. Can someone from Skype please explain how do they recomend adding let say 1000 contacts ?

pguzewicz
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (1,831 Views)

This is a business critical feature that is really the only reason you'd use Skype Manager, why has there been no traction on this?

AudienceWatchin
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 15 (1,690 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling