Re: As a manager I am unable to purchase skype cre...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: As a manager I am unable to purchase skype credit

[ Edited ]

@BSR_IT

It worked for us. Thank you!

sigillu
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 101 of 111 (545 Views)

Current Situation for those skipping to the end of the thread-

Symptom: 'Building Icon' admins cannot purchase skype credit.

Known workarounds discussed in other posts: 

1) If a 'House Icon' user exists in your manager use that account to purchase credit.

2) If not in the US create a new personal account, add it your manager, make that user an admin, and purchase credit as that user.

3) If in the US and you don't have a 'House Icon' user you can purchase Business Vouchers by wiring money to ChatandVision in Singapore with a 40% mark-up.

Therefore the only 'workaround' for US users without a 'house' icon admin is (3).  Also all admins in all countries can still redistribute credit that has been assigned to individual users.

Personally I need the root cause fixed...none of the workarounds either work or are acceptable to me and my organization.

univabrunner
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 102 of 111 (522 Views)

For any SMBs who don't want to wait around anymore:

Ringcentral - more expensive than Skype but better features, more reliable in our testing, and better quality.  30 day free trial so if you don't like it you can come back to Skype with little effort  (maybe Skype will have this fixed by then?)

Oovoo - similar to Skype with IM, video chat, and free calling to other Oovoo users.  You can call landlines from computer using Oovoo credits.

Viber - fewer features than Skype but easy to get up and running if you're in a pinch.

I've taken Skype's lack of response to this as writing on the wall.

gdsinc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 103 of 111 (512 Views)

I was able to purchase credit today and was wondering if it is working for others in the US now as well.  I am in Canada today so I am wondering if that is the reason that things worked for me...  If being in Canada is the case perhaps one of those IP obfuscating VPNs might work for users in the the US....

univabrunner
Routine Adventurer
Message 104 of 111 (401 Views)

@univabrunner, I am in the US, and as of this morning clicking on 'Buy Credit' no longer leads to the user form to request credit from an admin, but to the page where you can actually purchase credit. And I was able to go ahead and purchase some credit - so it appears that this may at last be fixed.

BSR_IT
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 105 of 111 (395 Views)

I can also confirm that the issue has been resolved.  I was able to purchase credit to my Business Account today using a credit card.  I am also in the US.

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
CCIsm
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 106 of 111 (389 Views)

Thanks all.  I think we can consider this one finally resolved!

univabrunner
Routine Adventurer
Message 107 of 111 (380 Views)

Hurraaaaaaa!!!! In Poland it's also working :happy: At least! After a month of 1st message....

BarbaraKGP
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 108 of 111 (347 Views)

Thanks for confirming the fix.

All: The underlying issue should be fixed for all types of Skype Manager admin users now. Please report back should to confirm or share details should there still be something odd remaining for you.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13549
Message 109 of 111 (332 Views)

This is still a problem.  We have been unable to use SKYPE for over a week.  We have contacted support almost every day and we get the same answer that engineers are working on the problem but there is no date give to resolve.  I have been told I will recieve and E-mail from Skype when it is available again.  This is getting really bad.

svandomelen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 110 of 111 (249 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling