europe: use af skype to go

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

europe: use af skype to go

Hello - I have a skype account registred in DK - and a skype to go number.

Also I have set up some Direct Dial numbers in my registred phone.

Can I use these numbers from my mobile on no costs when I travel to Germany or Italy?
Thank you!

UL2211
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: europe: use af skype to go

UL2211 wrote:
Can I use these numbers from my mobile on no costs when I travel to Germany or Italy?

Hello,
Unfortunately you can't. The STG program is not available in either Germany or Italy.       

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-to-go-number/

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1466
Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

Re: europe: use af skype to go

I am in the USA. I will be traveling to Germany, Switzerland and Italy.  I will be purchasing a local German SIM card for my Galaxy S5 phone to have a local German number.

Can I 'Forward' my Skype phone to the German mobile number to receive calls placed in the USA to my local USA mobile which I will have forwarded to my Skype number?

If so, I assume that my USA based Skype number will incur the long distance rates for such calls which again, would be forwarded to my local Germany mobile phone.

Will this work?  I have read and read through the Skype help and forums and it seems no one is asking this particular question.

Can you help and elaborate?

Thanks,

Kurt Gross

kurtray
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling