can't add 07917 mobile number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can't add 07917 mobile number

[ Edited ]

We're heading to Australia in a week and I'm looking into Skype To Go.

I've tried to set up so that I can use my mobile number with my Skype Credit when in Oz but I'm running into problems (I don't know if I'm doing this right):

1. I enter Australia as the country code I'll be calling from.

2. It pre-populates "+61" in the phone number box. I then enter my mobile number after this (07917......), tick the This-is-a-mobile box, however, I'm then met with:

"This phone number is invalid. Please check that you have entered it correctly.  

- Am I doing this correctly? ...hopefully not and it's a simple fix.

- My intention is to set up a few numbers I'd like to call back home in the UK, and to set up a few numbers to phone some relatives I'll be staying with in Australia. Is this doable?

Thanks for your help. 

mesab
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 3 (542 Views)

Re: can't add 07917 mobile number

Ah well, no response. Activate backup plan: purchase SIM in Australia.

mesab
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (439 Views)

Re: can't add 07917 mobile number

Ok...the solution seems very, very simple (after several live text sessions to support).

If you have a mobile registered in country A and are travelling to country B, you need to set up your Skype to Go + contacts while in the destination country. You can't do this while still in your own country.

For myself, I'll need to set this up while in Australia.

Additionally, while I'm travelling there, I guess I'll need to edit these details when I travel between states (where the main dialing code changes)...for maximum bebefit. 

Hope this actually works! and helps others.

Of course, I'll not actually be using this for local calls over there (as I incorrectly indicated in my original post).

[Appologies if this 'solution' is already in the official docs.]

mesab
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling