Want hidden number when calling phones.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want hidden number when calling phones.

[ Edited ]

I am using my skype account for international mystery-shopping. Is there anyway that I can hide the number? Currently it looks like I am calling from California when I call, which looks strange when I do mystery shopping to European businesses. And since I do multiple calls to the same place I would like for the call to be anonymous. Help??

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
stineso
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (14,225 Views)

Re: Want hidden number when calling phones.

Skype To Go will always submit the caller ID for the phone you are calling from. If you want your call to be anonymous, you have to turn off your phone's caller ID in your phone's settings. This may be a bit cumbersome, because Skype To Go will ask for verification when you call your Skype To Go numbers from a blocked caller ID. We use your phone's caller ID to identify you. If you do this, you will have to enter one of your registered phones and your PIN each time you make a call.
LonNW1
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 6 (14,218 Views)

Thanks for responding!

I actually do not call from my phone, I call directly through my computer, using skype credit.  It seems I have just been assigned a number, as I do not know it and I don't reside in California. Is it possible to hide this?

If not, I'll try calling through my phone as you described. 

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
stineso
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 6 (14,215 Views)

Ah I'm sorry, I thought you were using Skype To Go numbers. This forum thread is for Skype To Go only. If you want your call to look like it's coming from your mobile, then set up Skype's caller identification:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/features/allfeatures/caller-identification/
LonNW1
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 15
Message 4 of 6 (14,212 Views)

0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1466
Message 5 of 6 (14,120 Views)

TOPIC CLOSED

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1466
Message 6 of 6 (14,119 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling