Re: UK Registered Phone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UK Registered Phone

Am trying to add a UK registered phone for when I'm visiting my mother in the UK. When I select "Add new number", it doesn't allow me to enter a non-US number. What do I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
doineedone
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (248 Views)

doineedone wrote:
What do I do to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Checking for you.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1468
Message 2 of 5 (177 Views)

You need to change your location to UK. Then you will be able to add a UK registered #.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1468
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)

Thanks for this suggestion, but when I do this, it eliminates my US access numbers, i.e., my wife can't use it in the US while I'm in the Uk with my mother.  Is there anyway to have access numbers in more thah one country?

Appreciate your assistance in this matter.

0 Kudos
doineedone
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (159 Views)

The US numbers don't get eliminated. They will still work even if you swtich your location to the UK.

0 Kudos
LonNW1
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 15
Message 5 of 5 (130 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling