Re: Skype to Go Numbers always busy

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[ Edited ]

pghc wrote:

I have waited far too long and will not be using any of the Skype services until I see their declaration.  

Hello,

I can understand your concern and please accept our apologies.

I can personally assure you that the STG team has been trying very hard to fix your issue.

Our technicians advise that problem may lie in the country code being doubled in the dial sequence.

You may have entered the country code in the number field, but by selecting the country from the drop down list you don't have to do this.

Please advise and thanks for your patience.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1601
Message 11 of 18 (1,482 Views)

OK I managed to contact a skype person who informed me that the reason I was getting a "busy" message on my Skype to Go number was because I had accidentally typed in an incorrect phone number when I registered it on Skype to Go. I logged into my account, changed the number to the correct number and voila! the busy message went away! I now get a message asking for a 2 step verification procedure whereby I enter my own telephone number and password. After making sure that I have the correct information, I enter it and the two step password fails to let me use Skype to Go! My contact at skype was unable to explain why this is, other than I may have to subscribe to my phone company's caller id display feature to make it work (ie pay the phone company even more money!).

MY HELP TO OTHERS ON THIS THREAD... Skype's "Busy" message may not be a "Busy" signal at all. For some reason Skype has chosen to put this message into your ear rather than inform you that you have simply set up your registered phone numbers incorrectly. Go back and check the registration on your account. 

FredFlint
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 18 (1,473 Views)

Thank you Norman for the response but I have decided to give up on the idea and will revert to email which is far more simple (and cheaper) !!!!!!

0 Kudos
pghc
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 13 of 18 (1,467 Views)

I am having the same issue with my skype phone number. 
Im not impressed in the slightest!  

0 Kudos
lukefarnworth
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 18 (1,289 Views)

lukefarnworth wrote:

I am having the same issue with my skype phone number. 

Hello,

Do you mean a SkypeToGo # or a Skype Online # ?

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 15 of 18 (1,283 Views)

Hi there

I bought the skype subscription (unlimited india Calling) three months ago and configured some skype to go numbers. There was no problem in first two months, but in this month, I keep getting "skype to go number is busy". I need to call at least 5 times and then it goes through. It's really annoying.

Can anyone tell me the solution?

Thanks

cpjethani

0 Kudos
cpjethani
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 18 (1,132 Views)

cpjethani wrote:
I keep getting "skype to go number is busy".

Hello,

Please file here:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 17 of 18 (1,123 Views)

0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 18 of 18 (1,073 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling