Re: Skype To Go v Skype Number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype To Go v Skype Number

Can someone please summarise the difference between a standard Skype Telephone Number and "Skype to Go"? I'm very confused about what's different between the two services? 

Presumeably Skype To Go gives you a number which landlines can call to reach you on Skype, much the same way as the Skype Telephone Number service... but what else besides that is different?

Netihealth.com
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (775 Views)

Netihealth.com wrote:

Presumeably Skype To Go gives you a number which landlines can call to reach you on Skype.

No. What you describe is a Skype Number. (These can be called from either landlines OR cellphones).
Here are the details of these two products:

Skype Number

Skype To Go  

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1399
Message 2 of 6 (746 Views)

Hi Thanks for your reply,

The first link about Skype Telephone Numbers works fine, and I'm also pretty clear about that and how they work.

What I'm unclear about is how Skype To Go works and how it differs from using a Skype Telephone Number + Skype Premium to make and receive calls.

Unfortunately the second link you posted to Skype To Go, gives an error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 7BCFA638

Please click the Back button on your browser.

Netihealth.com
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (734 Views)

Hello,

Yes - the STG link  is broken and being repaired. Sorry for the inconvenience. This FAQ should help:

https://support.skype.com/en/search?q=skype+to+go

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1399
Message 4 of 6 (586 Views)

Re: Skype To Go v Skype name

Netihealth.com wrote:

Can someone please summarise the difference between a standard Skype Telephone Number and "Skype to Go"? I'm very confused about what's different between the two services? 

Presumeably Skype To Go gives you a number which landlines can call to reach you on Skype, much the same way as the Skype Telephone Number service... but what else besides that is different?

Netihealth.com wrote:

whi_dy
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (576 Views)

The Skype number is your own number that anyone can call from their phone and you pick up on Skype wherever you are in the world. 

For example, Jane has set up a Skype Number. Now, when she visits the US (or anywhere else in the world) on business her friends and family back home can call her as normal. Skype does all the clever stuff and routes their calls to Jane’s computer when she signs into Skype.

Skype to go allows you to make low cost international calls when you call phones around the world at Skype's low calling rates  from your mobile or landline. So for each country you want to call you get a local number of the country to call at local rates. Skype To Go gives you numbers that let you call your friends, family and colleagues abroad from any mobile or landline while avoiding international calling charges.* It can be used on any mobile or landline in any supported country.

Skype premium give you an unlimited subscription to a country of your choice fro landlines or mobile depending on the availability. This package you can use it by calling from your Skype account. 

Deps
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling