Skype To Go Number Question? Please read the whole...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype To Go Number Question? Please read the whole post

[ Edited ]

Hello.  I have a friend who created a Skype account and he has a question about one of the services Skype offers.  When he logged into the account today, he saw that a Skype To Go number was added to his account and his cell phone number was added as a forwarding number.  However, he does not remember adding this service to his account.  Is my friend going to be charged any subscription fees for this Skype To Go number?

My friend told me to log into my Skype account, to see if the service is added on mine, and it is not.

My other question is Is there a way to delete a Skype To Go number?  Also, is this service free or do you have to pay for it?

C4R3K85
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Re: Skype To Go Number Question? Please read the whole post

there are no charges for Skype To Go numbers

Skype To Go numbers are intended to be called using mobile phones that are not capable of supporting a Skype client (they can also be called from qualified landlines for the same reasons, but this is much less common)

Skype To Go gives you access to Skype CALLING services using devices that can't support Skype

your Skype To Go number is not for receiving calls

and there really isn't any valid reason, that I can think of, to delete a Skype To Go number (you are the only one that can use it, so just forget about it)

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 397
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Skype To Go Number Question? Please read the whole post

Hello Neil and thank you for the information.  That helps a lot.  I will pass this information along to my friend.

C4R3K85
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling