Skype To Go : How to register "calling from" phone...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype To Go : How to register "calling from" phone in a different country

[ Edited ]

My account is based in the USA. I registered my USA mobile phone as the phone that I'm calling from for Skype To Go.

I am currently in Australia with an Australian mobile phone. I want to register the Australian mobile phone as a phone that I'm calling from for Skype To Go. However, when I go to the "Manage Your Registered Phones" page at https://secure.skype.com/skypetogo/settings/phone-numbers , I am unable to register a phone number outside of the USA. When I try to register a new phone, "United States" is already preselected and cannot be changed. I am unable to delete or change the previously registered phone number to an Australian number.

How can I register my Australian mobile phone as the phone that I'm dialing from for Skype To Go?

thanks for any help you can offer

vicregister
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,207 Views)

Re: Skype To Go : How to register "calling from" phone in a different country

Never mind--I figured it out. What I had to do was change the "nearest location" from the USA to Australia. This deleted my previously registered "calling from" number and allowed me to register a new one in Australia. Thanks!

vicregister
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (1,203 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling