Re: Phone number recognition for Skype to Go

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone number recognition for Skype to Go

I'm trying to call my new Skype to go number, but it answers that it doesn't recognise this number and I have to verify. BUT this number is on my verified numbers list and it works for caller ID. When I try to register this by entering a number from my list (including country code) and PIN it says that wasn't an option and I must call again. I'm paying for a service I can't use. Can we please have this fixed?

Haz-F
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (338 Views)

Re: Phone number recognition for Skype to Go

Haz-F wrote:

I'm trying to call my new Skype to go number, but it answers that it doesn't recognise this number and I have to verify. BUT this number is on my verified numbers list and it works for caller ID. When I try to register this by entering a number from my list (including country code) and PIN it says that wasn't an option and I must call again. I'm paying for a service I can't use. Can we please have this fixed?

Hi. I am having a very similar problem. I have recently changed a personal registered phone number and I have also changed my Pin Number. Now, when I try to use any of my Skype to Go Numbers and I am asked to enter a Registered Number as verification the Automated Voice tells me that the Registered Phone Number that I enter is not recognised and nor is the registered Pin Number. The Registered Phone Number is clearly shown on my list of Registered phones and I KNOW that my  Pin Number is correct.  I have sent two emails re this matter to the Skype Team with no response and I am so frustrated as I need to keep in touch with my Family etc in the UK and I am now paying for a service that I cannot use...I am one step away from switching to another Service Provider. Any Help out there? Xristina Bee.

XristinaBee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling