Phone bill - rates

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Phone bill - rates

Hello Everybody!

I have a problem with my phone bill. I'm using the Skype to Go for making phone calls to my home from abroad, but my bill was really high and it confused me a lot! I checked my detailed bill and it said more when I made phone calls from my cell phone to the landline phone. I don't really understand why is that possible, because as I understood the system of Skype to Go, I just need to buy a subscription and then I can call the registered phone numbers until the credit is finished at the given price (for example the 400 min per month - 4,01 Euro). If somebody can explain what I did wrong it would be really pleasant.

Thank you for the help in advance.

szekelymarci
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: Phone bill - rates

Hi, firstly it sounds as if you were roaming with your cell phone and probably paying a premium to use your phone in a foreign country.

To avoid those charges you would have needed to use a local SIM card and also change your virtual location setting in Skype to Go (assuming a number was available in that country) so that calls to your Skype to Go numbers would have been at a local rate, then change it back when you returned home.

jsp21c
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling