My Skype to Go Number Incompatible with Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Skype to Go Number Incompatible with Skype

[ Edited ]

It's also happening to me.
Around two month ago I started using MagicJack, everything works good with the phone, even when I call out US to my favorites/registered skype numbers works fine; but for no registered/favorite number I need to call through my (local) main sjype number this (Majicjack) tells me "to call a conference line or platform visit us to MajickJack-dot-com to purchase pre-paid minutes"; why????
How could you fix this????

Subject/title edited for clarity.

FeSR
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (1,148 Views)

Blocked Number

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Please ask "MagicJack" why they are sending you that message.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1429
Message 2 of 7 (1,138 Views)

Re: My Skype to go Number

I've had the same problem. M.Jack says they require pre-paid minutes for any conference line or platform. That was one of the reasons I got the MJack in the first place as my cell service was very spotty (rural area) and I didn't want to use that many minutes. Did you get any reply or solutions ?
Jplus1010
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (1,063 Views)

Here's a transcript of a 'conversation' I had with the Magic Jack people in regard to this problem.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Shane'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK11153080006720X
Shane: Hello, how may I help you?
Shane: We use Tech Chat to better assist you. By using Tech Chat, we can send you instant upgrade links and run several diagnostic tests, that cannot be done over the telephone. We are also able to see where you are located, what OS and Internet browser you are using. Lastly we can see that your Internet connection is working too.This will provide the best Customer care experience and keep you most satisfied.
Shane: Hello, how may I help you?
John: When calling 661-748-xxxx I receive the following msg "Please go to my.magicjack.com/prepaid and purchase prepaid minutes to call conference calls, platforms and this number 2 cents per minute" This is a Skype phone with a California area code. Why do I get the above msg?
Shane: Let me explain
John: Please do
Shane: When you hear this voice prompt calling certain US/Canadian number, it doesn't mean that you cannot call that certain number. However, in order for the call to connect in that line, you have to purchase International Prepaid Minutes. It is because the number you are calling is identified as one of the following lines : Platform line, Conference line, Fee-per-call, or a Non-ILEC (Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier) phone number. You may wonder what are these type of services/lines. These are type of lines where "per-call toll charges" are incurred by telephone service subscribers that you are calling.
John: So if ' "per-call toll charges" are incurred by telephone service subscribers that you are calling. ' is the case then they (the subscribers) pay the charges - why is MJ asking me to pay?
Shane: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Shane: It may depend on the other phone carriers end if calling a magicjack number would incur charges, but if magicjack calls this certain numbers, then you will need to get Prepaid minutes to connect.
John: So what you are saying is that MJ users have to pay 2 cents a minute to call any Skype user?
John: And presumably this is a Skype problem??
John: because of the way they have defined their phone numbers?
Shane: oh if this is a Skype number, that won't usually work sinec VOIP to VOIP calls from magicjack will not work properly
John: I see, thank you for the info - I will forward this info to the Skype user in question. Have a fine day. John A.
Shane: You are most welcome, I hope somehow I assisted you with your concerns, have a great day ahead, God bless,

Further to the above, in this case, the Skype caller, when calling my magic number would be 'connected' briefly and then nothing.  At the MJ end, the MJ phone would ring, the Skype caller's phone number would be displayed but there was no voice communication between us.

So there you have it.

EnoughsEnough
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (902 Views)

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1854
Message 5 of 7 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]

Elaine wrote:
Transfer post to create new thread (topic).

Why is this being transferred. The new thread has no data in it and is called "My Skype to go" or "I want to remove my skype #?"  Either way it has nothing to do with this topic which should be called "Skype & MagicJack - Compatability Issues"

Moderator Note: As noted, "Either way it has nothing to do with this topic," because the post did not reference this discussion, I arranged to transfer it to create its own new topic.  Otherwise, the enquiry would most likely be overlooked or ignored. - Elaine

enoughsenough2
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (576 Views)

Re: Blocked Number

Below is my chat conversation with MagicJack representative (I am Alexander, MagicJack repr. is Kevin):

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Kevin'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK111530114739505X

Kevin: Hi, Alexander. How are you today?

Kevin: Hello, how may I help you?

Alexander : Hello Kevin,

Kevin: Hello.

Alexander: I have skype-to go international number linked with Magic Jack and it is blocked by M.J.

Alexander: I get message that i must go to my.m.j.com/prepaid

Kevin: Thank you for addressing your concern. Let me assist you regarding this one.

Alexander: A have acct with skype for 1 year and it is prepaid

Alexander : Number that has been blocked is (xxx-xxx-xxxx)

Alexander : Please unblock it

Kevin: Thank you for the information. I would like to inform you that Magicjack has its own prepaid or international minutes load and for the customers can make calls abroad. Magicjack is not compatible with other prepaid minutes be link with Magicjack.

Kevin: Therefore, if you would like to make international calls with Magicjack you will need to purchase international minutes by logging into your Magicjack account since it will not work with the prepaid minutes of your Skype using Magicjack.

Alexander : If it is so< I will have to close my acct. Because I have already paid to Skype unlimited minutes access, and I am not going to use your international

Alexander : features anyway. You are monopolizing Int. access, and it is aganst USA law

Kevin: Okay.

Kevin: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Alexander : KSee you in the court

Kevin: Yo u're most and always welcome. Very much appreciate being cooperative and being patient with me regarding the said concern. Have a great and wonderful day ahead. Thanks a lot and take care always.

Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magic Jack.com/techchat

abeatov
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (502 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling