Re: the person you are trying to reach is not avai...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

the person you are trying to reach is not available

New skype number. I always get a message "the person you are trying to reach is not available". I have yet to complete a call to my Skype number.

Thanks

BB86

bishopboy86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,658 Views)

Re: the person you are trying to reach is not available

Hello,

Make sure that you are running the latest software version and that your privacy settings are "allow calls from anyone". If the problem persists please contact Skype customer service

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1471
Message 2 of 5 (1,649 Views)

Sorry it did not help. I am not using a MAC or a PC. I am using my T-Mobile Adroid phone. I got the Skype number so that people could call me without using up my T-mobile minutes. I have unlimited web and text but only 100 minutes per month. I got this this skype number Sep 6th and have never ever been able to complete even one single call to my Skype number. My T-mobile account is active.

Thanks

BB86

bishopboy86
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,635 Views)

Any other recommendation besides the standard update? I always run the latest software version and it is not me trying to RECEIVE calls even though my privacy settings allow calls FROM anyone, but I am trying to give an OUTGOING call to a number I received but it says, "this call can not be completed because you are trying to reach a skype user." I'm using skype; I'm dialing the numbers with valid credit on the account and the same error occurs. Why does this error continue?

fashion4all407
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Fashion..., and welcome to the Community,

Please check the steps outlined in this FAQ article to see if any of the recommendations resolve:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10615/why-am-i-not-receiving-calls-to-my-skype-number

One point to consider: if you are testing your Skype Number by calling it from Skype, the number would usually ring busy or you would receive the error message you hear.  Have you tested from a mobile or fixed line?  If you receive the same error message or a new error message, ask Skype Customer Service to check the number for you.  Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service

If you experience difficulty reaching Skype Customer Service, try again using a different web browser and choosing a different path through the various drop-down menu options presented. Also, look to approve a pop-up dialogue box which would connect you to start an instant message chat with a customer service agent. If you have pop-ups blocked in your browser settings, this will also impede reaching an agent.  Skype is aware of problems with the website, and is working to resolve.  People are getting through, however not always on their first few attempts.

Regards,
Elaine

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1942
Message 5 of 5 (303 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling