Re: skype number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

skype number

How do I cancel my application form for a skype number? I do not want one

masomenos
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, masomenos, and welcome to the Community,

Here is a link to the instruction on how to cancel your Skype Number subscription if the order has already been processed:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12164/how-do-i-cancel-my-skype-number

You should contact Skype Customer Service for assistance if the order is showing as "pending" or if there are other order-related problems to address; we here in the Community do not have the tools to resolve these types of requests.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1938
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

I never asked / requested or applied for a SKYPE Number! Why did I get one, and Why is it for a country I don't live in or visit?

Has my account been HACKED????

Help Please

[Removed for privacy]

Airbusmark
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

Hi, Airbusmark, and welcome to the Community,

You may have received a Skype To Go number as part of a promotion or trial subscription.  If this is not the case, and a subscription to a Skype Number was taken out on your account which indeed you have not authorized, please contact Skype customer service as soon as possible.

Each of the titles appearing in blue type are links to instructions and additional information which would not fit here.  If you suspect your account was compromised, this FAQ article supplies next steps:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10920/what-can-i-do-if-someone-has-taken-over-my-account

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1938
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling