how do I find my skype ID number?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how do I find my skype ID number?

How do I find my Skype ID number so that I can give it to a caller?  I have gone to My Account and it's not there (only my name and email).  When I click on the Skpye Number tab I am asked to purchase a number.  I thought some calls were free and I don't want to purchase a subscription.  Just need this to give to someone who wants to call me.

gpg1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 23
Message 1 of 8 (75,392 Views)

Re: how do I find my skype ID number?

Hi, gpg1, and welcome to the Community!

You are correct - a Skype number is a fixed-line phone number that people who do not use Skype can use to call you, and you receive their call on Skype.  A Skype Number is a paid subscription which you can set up for various lengths of time.

Your Skype ID is your account name.  When you and your friends set up Skype accounts, and send each other contact invitations, accepting those contact invitations is how you build your contact list.  Then, Skype-to-Skype calls are always free of charge.

To familiarize yourself quickly with Skype and how it works, here is a link to the user guides which I still find helpful after many years of using Skype.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 2 of 8 (75,365 Views)

gpg1 wrote:

How do I find my Skype ID number so that I can give it to a caller?  I have gone to My Account and it's not there (only my name and email).  When I click on the Skpye Number tab I am asked to purchase a number.  I thought some calls were free and I don't want to purchase a subscription.  Just need this to give to someone who wants to call me.

0 Kudos
padma._1234
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (66,699 Views)

Hey elaine how about reading the question!!!

How do we find our skype number having bought one and lost it?

jakrusl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 8 (52,812 Views)

Hey, Jackrusl, and welcome to the Community,

With the confusion about Microsoft accounts, Skype accounts, and then mixing in Skype Numbers, I chose to reply to the original poster's question the way I did so as to cover as many possibilities as made sense.  New users to any system can be easily confused by vocabulary and usage. 

You ask an entirely different question!  When did you purchase your Skype Number?  You would only have lost it if you did not reactivate the Skype Number subscription within the 90 days your number is held on account for you.  On Day #91, the number would be returned to the pool of available numbers for someone else to use.

Alternately, if that is not what you are asking, check your account details and click on the Skype Number block under the Manage Features heading on your account page dashboard.  You will next see your Skype Number subscription(s) listed.

Did I guess correctly?!  If not, please post back with additional details.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1903
Message 5 of 8 (52,643 Views)

how do i find my skype ID number

alciauri
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 8 (51,050 Views)

Nokia 5800
Posted from Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
raju.1438
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 8 (41,040 Views)

alciauri wrote:

how do i find my skype ID number

when you create a Skype account, you do not get an ID number, you create a unique Skype Name, or use existing Microsoft credentials

if you want to receive calls on Skype from users calling from regular landlines or mobile phones (iow, callers who are not using Skype), then you must purchase a Skype Online Number for this purpose

hth

Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 271
Message 8 of 8 (40,407 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling