Unknown Number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unknown Number

Can someone please let me know why my skype number shows up (unknown) when I call out? I have a number 310-928-3565. But several of my friends and family have told me that my number comes up as 661 area code or either unknown. This is a problem because people do not answer unknown calls and I need to have this fixed immediately. I have been a customer for well over a year and I don't know why i'm having this problem?

Thank You,

Kevin L. Anderson

Please get back to me a.s.a.p.

mranderson314
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (930 Views)

Re: Unknown Number

mranderson314 wrote:

Can someone please let me know why my skype number shows up (unknown) when I call out? I have a number 310-928-3565. But several of my friends and family have told me that my number comes up as 661 area code or either unknown. This is a problem because people do not answer unknown calls and I need to have this fixed immediately. I have been a customer for well over a year and I don't know why i'm having this problem?

One reason why your friends and family aren't seeing your Skype Online Number when you call them from Skype could be your Caller ID settings.  Skype does not automatically use an Online Number as Caller ID, you have to set that up.  One way to do that is to log into your account on the Skype web site (use the "Account" link at the top of this page), and in the middle of the page you should see something "Display this number when I call phones" and a link "Caller ID settings".  Click on the link, and you should be able to choose your Online Number for use as Caller ID.

Even if that is set up, it is still possible that people you call will not see your Caller ID.  If you call toll-free numbers, those numbers are sometimes looking at something other than Caller ID called ANI to determine where you are calling from.  Skype can't do anything about the telephone networks' inability to provide Caller ID to people you call, but at least make sure you have it set as your Caller ID number.

Good luck!

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 640
Message 2 of 2 (926 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling