UK number/Texting.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

UK number/Texting.

I bought a number and SMS credit, I can text people just fine, but I cant recieve them back. Is there a way to get around this or did I spend 20~ bucks on nothing? I tried to set my personal ID to my new number but it says I have to recieve a code.. which I cant. :sad:

Baggums
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: UK number/Texting.

[ Edited ]

If I understood you correctly then you wish to receive SMS messages from your contacts to your Online Number.

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment, since Skype doesn't support receiving SMS messages to Skype accounts. You can set your mobile number as sender ID, so that when you send out messages your contacts would see your mobile as sender and replies will be delivered to your mobile.

Online Numbers are just like regular landline numbers, but the only difference is that you don't need a physical phone, you can pick up calls in Skype on any device or computer.

In case you purchase Online Number only for receiving SMS messages then customer service can help with the refund: https://support.skype.com/faq/FA1170

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 734
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: UK number/Texting.

HowHow do I set up using my registered phone number as the ID for when I send a text and not my user name ? 

I want people to be able to reply so it comes back to my mobile and not get lost if they reply back to my user name

Thanks

Posted from Apple iPad
Garysilver123
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling