Re: Skype purchase number wrong!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype purchase number wrong!

I purchased an online number from Skype: 1-702 area. When my friend called it he got an advertising company. This is just ONE of the problems I have with this service, which refuses to update my account when I purchase minutes, and which drops calls that do get through within a minute or two. The other loses the ability to hear me, though I can hear him fine. This online purchasing of Skype to mobile is a fraud.

mikehavenar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (168 Views)

Hi, MikeHavenar, and welcome to the Community,

There is help, and you need to report this to Skype Customer Service.  Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service

Here are a few extra notes to guide you along the way ...
You will need to proceed through each step, one at a time. Sign on to the Skype website as requested. Choose the subject and topic which most closely matches the item you need assistance with. Then, continue past Step 2 of the instruction where several articles from the FAQ library will appear for you to review, and proceed to Step 3, Continue Support Request (the blue "button" appears at the lower right corner of the website page). You may also skip through Step 4 where you will be referred back here to the Community; no need to do this as the Community is where you started. When you complete the web-form and click Submit, your information is relayed to Skype and you will receive a reply via e-mail unless you are transferred to start an instant message chat session with a Customer Service agent.

If you experience difficulty reaching Skype Customer Service, try again using a different web browser. Also, look to approve a pop-up dialogue box which would connect you to start an instant message chat with a customer service agent. If you have pop-ups blocked in your browser settings, this will also impede reaching an agent.

Regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1962
Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)

Here's a previous post of mine in a situation similar to yours.

My problem of no one being able to call my Skype number since I purchased it last week has been figured out. My new number could be called and answered within Skype, I could leave a voice mail, etc, but NO ONE could call it from the regular phone network, cell and landline went to the voice mail of a company, except when called within Skype.

I did all of the things customer support asked me to do. I checked the receive calls from everyone, set up and removed call forwarding, all of that stuff multiple times. My frustration level was high.

Last night someone answered my new number when I called it from my landline. He has had that number since 2000, and not through Skpye, through another carrier.

How in the world can Skype sell a working number? I let custoer service know and they said I purchased a "Faulty number" and all they could do is give me a refund. I asked them to do so. i really wanted to keep the number because it was a really good number for me ending in 4200. The business guy who ownes it was very upset, especially since I was able to use my Skype dialer to call phones from Skype and his number was shown on the caller ID. What a horrible thing to have happen.

Customer Service's final email to me stated that they rent Skype numbers from carriers and that the carriers supply the list. Sounds to me like they are placing the blame for selling and activating a working phone number on the carrier that offered up numbers for rent. It scary that I could call out and have that caller ID shown to the people I called. no one can say how a number that has been working for years ended up being sold to mr, in other words, how did it ever get on the list of available numbers. It was such a sweet number, xxx-xxx-4200, I really wanted it. My money was refunded and I selected a new number.

I just tried the number I was sold, and cancelled, and it still goes to a business.

Perhaps you were sold a "faulty number" too.

radiomac
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 3 (143 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling