Re: Skype Number not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Number not working

[ Edited ]

Hi, I got skype installed on my mac book pro and my Iphone as well, I can receive normal skype to skype calls, there is no problem at all.
I have subscribed skype phone number +redacted for privacy last night and received an email saying my skype number will be activated in 1 hour. But even after 12 hours, the number seems to be not working. It is giving busy tone. Please let me know how can i get this fixed as i am going overseas in couple of days, I really dont want to miss skype calls while i am overseas.

v_rajiv24
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

Re: Skype Number not working

Hi, v_rajiv24, and welcome to the Community,

Please check first that your Skype client software settings permit incoming calls on your Skype Number from anyone (remember to change any changes to your settings!).  Then, try calling your Skype Number from a mobile or fixed line number.

If no success, you will need to contact Skype Customer Service directly to enquire why your number is not receiving calls.  Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service

You will need to proceed through each step, one at a time. Sign on to the Skype website as requested. Choose the subject and topic which most closely matches the item you need assistance with. Then, continue past Step 2 of the instruction where several articles from the FAQ library will appear for you to review, and proceed to Step 3, Continue Support Request (the blue "button" appears at the lower right corner of the website page). You may also skip through Step 4 where you will be referred back here to the Community; no need to do this as the Community is where you started. When you complete the webform and click Submit, your information is relayed to Skype and you will receive a reply via e-mail.

If you are a Skype Premium or other eligible customer, you will be routed to start an instant message chat session with a Customer Service agent.

Regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1829
Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling