Port

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Port

Can I port/carry on my Skype number to a different cell phone carrier??? (From Skype to Metro PCS)

- Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matt G.
Posted from Apple iPhone
MattGodinez
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (3,813 Views)

Re: Port

I'm also wondering if this is possible. I'm looking to move my skype number to Verizon.

0 Kudos
ambardi
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (3,737 Views)

Skype does not support number portability; in other words, you can not port a Skype Number from Skype to another carrier, and neither can you bring a number into Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the

Favorite Tip for This Week: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1627
Message 3 of 6 (3,727 Views)

I would say that is actually not true. In the absence of an answer yesterday I tried it. Today, less that 24 hours later my Skype number is now my Verizon mobile number. While on the phone with Verizon yesterday to make the port request, Skype responded to the request (however carriers respond) before my call was even over. I saw another post on this forum somewhere and a moderator said you could not port to skype but you could port from Skype. After my experience I would say they were correct.

ambardi
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (3,721 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, ambardi,

Thank you for your advice, which I am referring to those to whom I report!

UPDATE:  I just found this thread - here in our own Community!   :surprised:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-Number/Porting-a-Skype-number-to-an-alternative-Supplier/td-p/82...

Re: Porting a Skype number to an alternative Supplier

Hello,
Porting out is possible, but porting in is not supported.
First, contact your telephone operator. If the operator can port out the number from Skype telecom partner to their network, they will ask you to provide some additional information. In addition to your full name, you may be asked for:
An account number - this is your Online Number you wish to port over. Your billing address - the address you entered when purchasing the Online Number.
This information will then be verified by Skype’s telecom partner. Once the information is verified, your porting request will be approved.
For more information on the time it will take for your number to be ported out, please contact your telephone operator. ---- Basically you need to make the request to your phone service operator where you wish to port this number, confirm billing information and then your operator and Skype partner will do the rest :wink:

I apologize.  This is certainly not the first time I have made a mistake, and I know it will not be the last.

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the

Favorite Tip for This Week: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1627
Message 5 of 6 (3,716 Views)

No worries. I don't think this is something people ask often.

0 Kudos
ambardi
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (3,705 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling