Port my long time landline number to Skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Port my long time landline number to Skype?

[ Edited ]

can i transport my long time land line phone number to be my skype phone number?

lilidavis69
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (12,300 Views)

Re: skype phone number???

Hi

No, unfortunately that isn't possible.

There are two options available that might be interest to you.

1. You can configure your Skype account so that when you call  from Skype to somebody on a normal landline or mobile phone, your mobile phone number will appear to them on their display. To do this, go to your account at www.skype.com, select CALL PHONES and then select the Set up a caller identification to display your number on phones you call from Skype.

2. Skype also offers a service called 'online number'. This gives you a normal landline number which you can give to your friends to call you on. When your friends call this number, and you are on Skype, your Skype will ring and you will be able to have a voice call with them. This is ideal if you have friends who don't have Skype who you want to call you.

Shorty
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 2 (12,260 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling