I have an online Skype Number that is valid until December 2012. It shows connected to my account and valid when I check my account.
My contacts are calling my skype number, and are saying that they get busy signals and it won't go through to my Skype. I am travelling in Aisa right now, so it's no mystery that when I'm not online.. it won't work... BUT... it's still not working even when I validated I am online -- just tested it with a trusted contact and it doesn't connect.
Anyone run into this problem before? I would expect it would work any time I am connected to Skype. My privacy contacts are restricted to contacts only, but their mobile numbers are included in their profiles. I opened up the privacy to get calls from anyone during the test... it didn't work. I'm now wondering why I bothered to subscribe to a number if they won't work when I need them.
I had this same problem and got in touch with a skype rep. This absolutely works.
You need to adjust your privacy settings.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to adjust your privacy settings from the app. Your privacy is very important to us and we are looking to include these features in the near future.
In the meantime, we recommend you use Skype on a computer to adjust your privacy settings.
To remedy this, please do the following:
- Go to Tools > Options > Privacy
- Locate the section Allow calls from... and ensure anyone is ticked.
If the privacy settings were already configured in this way, then try refreshing the settings by completing the next steps:
- Go to Tools > Options > Privacy.
- Locate the section Allow calls from... and ensure People in my contact list only is ticked. Then click Save.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then return to Tools > Options > Privacy.
- Locate the section Allow calls from... and tick anyone.