Re: Online number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Online number

My credit card wasn't accepted to extend my online number, and my online number was canceled over the weekend. I have entered new credit card data. Can I get my number added back to my account? I have already established this number as a key contact.

Accepted Solution

by NormanM

Hello,

Yes - you will be able to retain your #.

It is reserved for you for 90 days following cancellation.

View solution in original post
chris_fleenor
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (567 Views)

Hello,

Yes - you will be able to retain your #.

It is reserved for you for 90 days following cancellation.

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1230
Message 2 of 14 (566 Views)

Norman can you help me? Just purchased a samsung galaxy tablet and downloaded Skype from my marketplace. I hear the other person but I cannot see myself or that person. I spoke to Samsung Tech support and they said I must contact Skype. What can I do to correct this?
patconcilio
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (561 Views)

Thanks! I see that the number was already charged to my account and extended after entering the new data.

chris_fleenor
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 14 (558 Views)

You're welcome.

SKYPE MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1230
Message 5 of 14 (550 Views)

Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 671
Message 6 of 14 (528 Views)

Hi Norman,

Quick question: I am about to cancel my U.S. phone plan but want to use this number as my Skype online number. How do I do this? Thanks!

gordonfgreen
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 14 (484 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately at the moment Skype doesn't support porting in numbers from other mobile operators.

All the Online Numbers that Skype has are provided by local phone service providers, therefore customers can only get Online Numbers from a list of available numbers.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 671
Message 8 of 14 (477 Views)

Hope you can help.  For a couple months my On Line Number has changed (actually right after I paid for the renewal of my subscription) to 661-380-3000, my number for at least 3 years was 307-XXX-XXXX.  When I call someone the 661-380-3000 shows on their caller ID and if you call this number you get a message that it is an invalid number. 

Thanks,

Tim

timsullivan49
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 14 (316 Views)

i received a message that I could get a phone number so when i phone someone, they would see who was calling, and could call me back, but it did not say how to do that.

i also don't know how much it costs.

RyuB
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (242 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling