Online number in Thailand

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Online number in Thailand

Is Online number available for use in Thailand? If not, when will it be available?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Andre
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hello,

At the moment Online Numbers are not available for Thailand. Skype is constantly working adding new numbers, but as it greatly depends on local carriers and regulations it may take some time :sad:

So far there is no exact time frame for Thailand.

List of available countries can be found here:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/online-number/

View solution in original post
Nita007
Novel Adventurer

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I should ask more specific questions. I live in France, and work in Switzerland. These countries have Skype online available. I would like people in Thailand and Australia to ring me through Skype Online number.

Is this possible? Will this work for me? Or it requires both receiving and calling countries to have Skype Online numbers?  Thanks for your reply.

Andre
Staff Moderator

Skype Online Number works basically as a regular landline number. So if you purchase number in France and person in Thailand calls it then they will be charged like they call any other landline number in France :happy:

Unfortunately it will be international call for them since call is from Thailand to France. Your contacts can check with their phone service provider how much it will cost them to call France.

Please use plain text.
Nita007
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (3,263 Views)

Re: Online number in Thailand

Hello,

At the moment Online Numbers are not available for Thailand. Skype is constantly working adding new numbers, but as it greatly depends on local carriers and regulations it may take some time :sad:

So far there is no exact time frame for Thailand.

List of available countries can be found here:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/online-number/

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 742
Message 2 of 8 (3,256 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I should ask more specific questions. I live in France, and work in Switzerland. These countries have Skype online available. I would like people in Thailand and Australia to ring me through Skype Online number.

Is this possible? Will this work for me? Or it requires both receiving and calling countries to have Skype Online numbers?  Thanks for your reply.

Please use plain text.
Nita007
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (3,249 Views)

[ Edited ]

Skype Online Number works basically as a regular landline number. So if you purchase number in France and person in Thailand calls it then they will be charged like they call any other landline number in France :happy:

Unfortunately it will be international call for them since call is from Thailand to France. Your contacts can check with their phone service provider how much it will cost them to call France.

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 742
Message 4 of 8 (3,248 Views)

So, your answer was at 2012... now 2013... when you'll have thailand online number service available?
Please use plain text.
samovarsiam
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 8 (2,565 Views)

I too would very much like an update on the Thailand situation.  Has any progress been made at all concerning Skype in Thailand?

Please use plain text.
LoveMyMai
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 8 (2,449 Views)

if Thailand is not on the list then Online numbers are still not available there, and Skype does not discuss prior to any announcements
Regards,
Neil
Please use plain text.
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 273
Message 7 of 8 (2,389 Views)

I can't see when post in this topic was written.

But me wounder if you have some update about Skype number in Thailand?

Please use plain text.
Lagen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 8 (1,267 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling