Online number goes straight to voicemail

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online number goes straight to voicemail

I've been having an ongoing problem for months now where incoming calls don't ring through and instead go straight to email.  People who call say it doesn't even ring on their end, it just goes to voicemail.  I know at these times I'm connected to the internet and Skype is up and running (often I'll be waiting for their call).  I've even tested it before with my cellphone, calling my own number to make sure I'm online and signed in, and it will go straight to voicemail.  It doesn't always do this, however.  Some days it seems that every call rings through just fine and other days no one can get in touch me.  Is there anyway to fix this problem? 

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Newmoonsky
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 56 (2,994 Views)

Re: Online number goes straight to voicemail

No help. I just got my number and have the exact same problem
ThruMic
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 56 (2,972 Views)

Newmoonsky wrote:

I've been having an ongoing problem for months now where incoming calls don't ring through and instead go straight to email.  People who call say it doesn't even ring on their end, it just goes to voicemail.  I know at these times I'm connected to the internet and Skype is up and running (often I'll be waiting for their call).  I've even tested it before with my cellphone, calling my own number to make sure I'm online and signed in, and it will go straight to voicemail.  It doesn't always do this, however.  Some days it seems that every call rings through just fine and other days no one can get in touch me.  Is there anyway to fix this problem? 

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Check the Privacy settings in your Skype program.  Make sure you allow calls from anyone on the Online Numbers. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 634
Message 3 of 56 (2,968 Views)

What is your voicemail setting set to? Maybe it's set to pick up after a few seconds. Go to

* Tools

* Options

* Calls

* Call Forwarding

Check this area and see if you can find the problem here.

jrleeper
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 56 (2,961 Views)

I double checked to make sure and it is set to allow calls from anyone. 

Newmoonsky
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 56 (2,953 Views)

I have no call forwarding options selected.  It's set to receive unanswered calls as voice messages unless answered in 15 seconds.

Newmoonsky
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 56 (2,951 Views)

I have only been on this service a week and I am having the same problem.  Everything is set correctly but all calls go straight to voicemail.  And when I leave a test voicemail, it doesn't show up anywhere.  All connections are solid.

lowhigh28
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 56 (2,913 Views)

Similar issue here- although it works if I'm signed in on my laptop, it goes to voicemail if I'm signed in on my Iphone.

scottsfrost
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 56 (2,905 Views)

With regard to my last post about it only working on the laptop and not the iphone, i forcibly closed the app and restarted it. It worked after that.

scottsfrost
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 56 (2,902 Views)

Have the same problem... the outline number is working.. after  few hours, voicemail is activated while i'm still online..... no call interrupt from he application.. to indicate someone is trying to connect. (Mac & Windows apps)  What's wrong?

mariefrance1972
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 56 (2,868 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling