Re: Online number - call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Online number - costs

I'd like to buy an online number with a subscription. I get what the costs would be for my making calls, but what about for incoming calls? If I buy a USA subscription (from Germany), but then RECEIVE a call from, say, China, do I pay the standard Skype rates for a call from China? Or is the call free?

mil2munich
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (1,390 Views)

Re: Online number - costs

mil2munich wrote:

I'd like to buy an online number with a subscription. I get what the costs would be for my making calls, but what about for incoming calls? If I buy a USA subscription (from Germany), but then RECEIVE a call from, say, China, do I pay the standard Skype rates for a call from China? Or is the call free?

There are 2 different products:

1) Online Number which enables you to receive calls and you pay 3 or 12 months. You can receive unlimited amount of calls from any country. Price for 3 or 12 months is still the same.

2) Calling subscription such as Unlimited US enables you to make calls to US and it doesn't matter where you are. Call will be covered as long as calling destination is covered by subscription.

Tip: If you purchase both then please make sure you buy calling subscription first and you will get discount on Online Number purchase.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 699
Message 2 of 13 (1,363 Views)

Re: Online number - call

Dear Sir:

Why couldn't my online number receive call from China mobile phone? Whether with 00 or not.

Thanks for your reply in aadvance!

Sheng

Sheng-Jun
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 13 (1,335 Views)

I have got a 3-months subscription for an online number plus a monthly-subscription of 60 minutes to call for portuguese cells and landlines.

So, none of them are finished yet. However, I already got my 60 minutes totally spent.

I have 2 questions:

- Incoming calls: I got I will not be charged by incoming calls from Portugal. But, what about the people who are calling me (from Portugal)? Do they pay for calling to my online number?

- As I also have got a Premium subscription - giving me free calls for landlines - how can I be sure I am not spending some of the minutes of my other subscription (60 minutes/month to cells and landlines to Portugal) when I call to portuguese landlines? Since I have a Premium subscription, it will be good to know I may spend the 60 minutes of my subscription with cell phones and spend nothing with landlines...

Syriel
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (1,210 Views)

Syriel wrote:

I have got a 3-months subscription for an online number plus a monthly-subscription of 60 minutes to call for portuguese cells and landlines.

So, none of them are finished yet. However, I already got my 60 minutes totally spent.

I have 2 questions:

- Incoming calls: I got I will not be charged by incoming calls from Portugal. But, what about the people who are calling me (from Portugal)? Do they pay for calling to my online number?

- As I also have got a Premium subscription - giving me free calls for landlines - how can I be sure I am not spending some of the minutes of my other subscription (60 minutes/month to cells and landlines to Portugal) when I call to portuguese landlines? Since I have a Premium subscription, it will be good to know I may spend the 60 minutes of my subscription with cell phones and spend nothing with landlines...

First of all, you didn't mention what country your Online Number is in.  Skype does not have Online Numbers in Portugal.  If your contacts are in Portugal and they need to call a telephone number (Online Number) tied to your Skype account, they would be making an international call to another country where you have the Online Number, at whatever rates their telephone carriers charge for that call. 

With Skype, it knows if you have a subscription that covers you for calling to a particular country (and type of phone - landline vs. mobile).  You can verify this by logging into your Skype account here on the Skype web site, using the "Account" link at the top of this web page.  Then you can see your recent call history, and the charges - if any - for the calls you have made from your Skype account to telephones.  You can also see the status of your subscriptions. 

If you still have questions or concerns about how your calls to telephones are being billed, please contact customer service so they can access your account information and answer your questions better.   Since I'm not a Skype employee, I have no access to that information to help you with that. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 610
Message 5 of 13 (1,198 Views)

Thanks by your answer. It really got me clarified.

By the way, my online number is from Denmark - the country where I just moved to live in I don't know for how long yet... So, all of my family and many friends are left in Portugal, the country where I was born in, too.

I've been studing all the Skype possibilities to make it easy and cost-controlled - not only for me, but also for them... - so all of us could keep in a 'more-or-less' tight touch.

Syriel
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (1,195 Views)

Syriel wrote:

Thanks by your answer. It really got me clarified.

By the way, my online number is from Denmark - the country where I just moved to live in I don't know for how long yet... So, all of my family and many friends are left in Portugal, the country where I was born in, too.

I've been studing all the Skype possibilities to make it easy and cost-controlled - not only for me, but also for them... - so all of us could keep in a 'more-or-less' tight touch.

Thanks for your quick reply.  Your Portuguese contacts would be paying for an international call to Denmark to reach your Online Number. 

The cheapest way for all of you to stay in touch would be for everyone to get on Skype.  Then the Skype-to-Skype calls are free for all of you, no matter where all of you happen to be.  When you accept each other as contacts, you are able to see if they are online or not.  If you can't get everyone else to use Skype, you could use a subscription and make the calls to Portugal at rates which are probably lower than what the telephone carriers (landline or mobile) might offer.  Make sure to pick the proper subscription if you choose to go that way, as many subscriptions only cover calling to landline phones.  There are subscriptions that also include calling to mobile phones, but these cost more - and are generally not "unlimited" like some of the landline subscriptions are. 

Good luck!

---
Patrick

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (1,190 Views)

Thanks for all your attention and time!

Just something else came up:

- How about when I call to Portugal (using a subscription of x minutes to call to portuguese landlines and cell phones): are the people who pick my calls being charged somehow?

Syriel
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 13 (1,181 Views)

Syriel wrote:

Thanks for all your attention and time!

Just something else came up:

- How about when I call to Portugal (using a subscription of x minutes to call to portuguese landlines and cell phones): are the people who pick my calls being charged somehow?

If they are receiving your calls on a landline phone, there shouldn't be any charges.  On a mobile phone, with calling-party-pays arrangements in effect for almost all European countries, they should not have to pay for calls you make to them.  They should check with their mobile carrier to confirm what that answer is, as some countries' mobile networks are apparently charging for incoming calls from other countries.

---
Patrick

wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]

I leaves in Houston, Texas USA and travel the world like China, Macau, Hongkong, Bangkok, India about 3 months of the year

What would be the best for me to receive calls from the world and calling during my travel

to the landline/ mobile numbers to the USA and rest of countries like China nad India?

Mahin

mistcooling.com

hellomahin
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 13 (996 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling