Re: Online number and caller ID in Japan

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Online number and caller ID in Japan

Hello there,

Living in Japan and bought an online number a couple of years ago but the number would not show up as a caller ID and many people in Japan block calls with a hidden number. Because of this, had cancelled my subscription after the 3 months. Have recently heard that the online number will now show up in Japan.

Could someone please confirm this as would like to get an online number and also cancel my landline if this the Japanese caller ID now works with the online number.

Many thanks in advance,

DaveJP

DaveJP
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,584 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it would be great if possible to show number id within Japan. Unfortuantely your skype name was removed from your post, so could you explain a walkthrough or how to contact you. cheers
DaveJP
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 9 (963 Views)

Hi Im novice then Idont know why the skype removed my username.

Ive placed also my e-mail address and was removed also.

Then if you know any way to we stabilish a contact please let me know or maybe you can get me some way to contact you.

Idont know if my solution will be interesting to you but we can try right?

Thanks and go ahead.

William
Ps: Sorry if any english error is find my exglish isnt very good.

VoipTalking
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (944 Views)

Hi William, thx for the reply. Can you explain how to on this page? s name is [Removed for privacy]. see if this text get deleted?? thx
DaveJP
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (937 Views)

Hi,

Our Community filters personally identifiable information such as Skype account names and e-mail addresses, as is explained in our Community Guidelines

If you have a suggestion to try or a resolution to the original poster's enquiry, best practice would be to add it here on the public Community so others could be helped, as well.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the

Favorite Tip for This Week: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1627
Message 5 of 9 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]

Off-topic for this discussion; post transferred to Suggestions for This Community message board.

Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 6 of 9 (835 Views)

Elaine, I have posted a question about caller ID with skype numbers not showing up in Japan. I get email notifications every time you post here, and they are all about your skype community. OFF topic. I would appreciate it if you continue to post here that you stay on subject and provide some pertinent information towards a solution instead of merry-go-round links within skype.
DaveJP
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]

DaveJP:

I was explaining to you and to William, a.k.a. VoipTalking, why the Community does not permit contact details to be exchanged on the public message boards.  I am sorry the conversation wandered off-topic and has been misconstrued.  I will also arrange to transfer the less relevant section of this thread to the Suggestions for This Community message board.

Caller ID is one of those features which does not behave the same everywhere.  In some jurisdictions, the local telephone companies can not "read" the caller ID data transmitted by Skype; in others, call routing can cause caller ID data not to be received properly.

I will flag this thread for review by one of our Community's contributors with telephony expertise to see if they can lend insight.  Otherwise, you are always free to contact Skype Customer Service to enquire.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the

Favorite Tip for This Week: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 8 of 9 (838 Views)

Hello There,

I had a Japan number plus a US number. The Japan number was already expired. However, the US number still has some days to go.  I wanted to reactivate the US number only as we can not use the Japan number as caller ID. But, I mistakenly reactivated Japan number instead of the US number. Is there any way to cancel the Japan number and reactivate the US number instead by using the same money I paid for japan number?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from the Skype people. 

hitechsol
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (514 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling