Re: Online number all messed up with caller ID

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online number all messed up with caller ID

It used to be that when I called from my skype number that the caller ID would register as my online number. Recently that has changed. It comes up as one of many other random numbers from different states in the US, or even as a private number. Why the sudden change? How do I fix it so that my caller ID works? Was this change to not working a result of the recent buyout of skype? If this cannot be fixed there is no point in me having a skype number. Another question- is there an actual contact for skype support or do I have to hope someone from skype sees answers my question?

Thanks.

KJ4AWR
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 6 (1,097 Views)

I'm having the same issue too. Because many of my contacts don't answer unrecognized numbers, this issue has caused us not to be able to communicate effectively.
Posted from T-Mobile G2 Touch
Laoiseach
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 6 (1,057 Views)

I have an online number that when people try to call me, they get someone else and my voicemail no longer takes messages - the calls go to the guy. Did my online number get given to someone with a cell phone. CAN I CALL SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT?
kateimay0329
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (1,055 Views)

I have found where to change caller ID back to the online number. It is under Account-Call Phones-Display this number when I call phones... I have gone there and set it- multiple times. The settings stay with my online number for a short period of time (~2-3 days) and then go back to other peoples random numbers. Is there anyone from Skype who knows anything about this? Anyone from skype monitor their own forum? I see a lot of posts that generaly go unanswered by anyone from Skype. I do not like this lack of support.

KJ4AWR
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 6 (1,021 Views)

This seems to be an ugly issue. One guy at: http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Outgoing-caller-id-display-problem/td-p/506995  who seems to think that rolling back to the 2.6.0.95 or earlier versions stops the issue. There are links to some of the packages there as well, and even a guy freely distributing the older package via email to any who request it. Might want to check it out. That's my next step...

KScience
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (999 Views)

I also have been having the same problem. The area code is 661 or it comes up as restricted. Has anyone been able to resolve it? And I read somewhere that you could go back to an older version and it fixes itself. Does anyone have the link to an older version to download? 

Xx 

Danielle

DanielleMarie87
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (993 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling