Online number Issue

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online number Issue

I am paying for those services which are actually not working.......!!! Whats the use of it....

My friends cannot see my online number when i call them.... It displays as undisclosed number or anonymous call.....

Who will help in this regards....!!

mlaraib
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 8 (296 Views)

Re: Online number Issue

I'm getting very annoyed with this as well. A lot of people aren't picking up when I call because it's unknown or some random number. Skype needs to address this, there is clearly something wrong.

atrain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 8 (282 Views)

my online number has been coming up as a different  number and area code or as "private number, anonymous , unknown " skype please fix this

webmudpuppy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 8 (278 Views)

^

seems you are being ignored. Skype has very limited support imo which may help in keeping costs down. regardless you should make every effort to inform Skype of these issues.

don't forget if you're a UK user that your consumer rights should aid you in partial refunds if you are paying for a service you aren't receiving.

I'm pretty sure last time I read the TnC it didn't say "As a Skype user you accept that you will pay for an incomplete product."
gigatechco
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 8 (264 Views)

How do I set up caller identification using my Online Number?

To set up caller identification using your Online Number:

Sign in to your account.
In the Call phones tab, click Set up a caller identification.
If this link is not displayed, go to the caller identification settings page to ensure that the link is displayed.
Click select a pre-saved number.
From the drop-down list displayed, select the Online Number that you want to use as your caller identification.
Click Save Settings. Your caller identification is now set and ready to go.
gigatechco
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)

btw I tried to add Kudos but the display asked me to sign in to do it IN FRENCH and then returned back to English. I keep getting this sudden flash into French even though "Change language" under "Tools" is always set to "English" Need a software update!
geum
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 8 (236 Views)

I have the same issue with it showing up as an unknown call and now it's not even allowing people to reach me when they call my number directly anymore. It says it's not a working number.

citadelis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 8 (230 Views)

my caller ID too has been vanishing.  I saw that it was an acknowledged bug within android and promptly stopped using it on my droid handsets, yet it continues to vanish.  This is verry annoying

kmdcomputers
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 8 (206 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling