Online Toll Free Number for USA

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online Toll Free Number for USA

Hi, I am trying to buy a Online Number for US. I want a Toll Free Number.

Is it possible to buy toll free numbers for the US as Skype Online Numbers?

If so, when I go to choose number, the system forces me to chooses a state.

Can anyone advise or help.

SCOOTEK
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 8 (6,415 Views)

Re: Online Toll Free Number for USA

I too am interested in this. Any luck finding an answer?
volvo_64
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 8 (6,341 Views)

No answers from anyone on Skype Forums or from any Skype staff.

I have never considered Skype for my business, and probably never will because it's hard to get support from skype via phone or email. I could not base my businesses telephone system with a company that you can't call. 

I use VoIP for my office phones but through a provider where I can get a bit of service.

You get Toll Free numbers from others VoIP providers. I am still not sure if you can get it with Skype. 

SCOOTEK
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 8 (6,337 Views)

I also would like a toll free number through skype. I'm hoping that someone will respond here.

kmastro
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 8 (6,073 Views)

i just bought a logitech headphne for my laptop and can't hear the other person on skype calls. they can hear me and when i test for sound, i can hear the prompt, but no phone conversations, anyone know of an 800 help no. for skype in the us?
lat-jglionna
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 8 (5,861 Views)

the only way to get support is via emails which can take a day or more for response. If you purchase a subscription or a premium plan they say you get live chat support. I was not happy with the reply from skype when I requested help via email.
carmennogales
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (5,757 Views)

SCOOTEK wrote:

Hi, I am trying to buy a Online Number for US. I want a Toll Free Number.

Is it possible to buy toll free numbers for the US as Skype Online Numbers?

If so, when I go to choose number, the system forces me to chooses a state.

Can anyone advise or help.

Skype does not offer toll-free numbers.  If you want a Skype Online Number in the USA, you can choose from many states and area codes, but not from the toll-free area codes (800, 888, 877, 866, and 855).
If you want to have a toll-free number forward calls to a Skype account, you will have to contact some other provider for toll-free numbers.  Some of them may be able to forward a toll-free number directly to a Skype account name, but most will probably be able to only forward calls to another (non-toll-free) phone number.  In that case, you would still need to purchase a Skype Online Number, and then the toll-free provider would forward calls to that Online Number. 
---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 668
Message 7 of 8 (5,742 Views)

I have a Skype # and a subscription and once upon a time I was able to get support from Skype via email and by phone. Since Microsoft took over, however, anything vaguely resembling support is a thing of the past. Really sad.

Kathiec
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (4,288 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling