Online Number: How much do my friends pay when cal...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Online Number: How much do my friends pay when calling me?

How much do my friends pay when calling me?

I just got an online number, but couldn't find any information on the rates they have to pay when calling me on the online number. I purchased a number in New York - they would call from Austria.

Thanks!

Andre
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Sure, since you purchased number today you can request a refund: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/How-do-I-request-a-refund

Andre

View solution in original post
queenmob
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (1,067 Views)

Re: Online Number: How much do my friends pay when calling me?

[ Edited ]

Online Number acts like a regular landline number in New York. If your contact is in Austria, then it would be international call to US which usually are charged quite high. It would be the same if your contact in Austria would call regular landline number in US(New York).

Unfortunately currently we don't have Online Number for Austria, but the idea of an Online Number is that you get the number in the same country as the caller. Then they would be calling local number and Skype transfers call to another country without international call charges.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 730
Message 2 of 6 (1,063 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

That's really too bad, it means that I have bought the online sumber for nothing - I assumed that they would pay less. I got the number in case family and friends wanted to reach me cheaper. Is there any chance that I cancle the order for the online number and get the money refunded?

queenmob
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (1,055 Views)

Sure, since you purchased number today you can request a refund: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/How-do-I-request-a-refund

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 6 (1,049 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help!

queenmob
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (1,045 Views)

You are welcome! :wink:

Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 6 (1,036 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling