Re: On Line Number HELP

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

On Line Number HELP

[ Edited ]

Is there a moderator out there somewhere to answer my question ?

This Support Network doesnt seem supportive to me - no responses at all.

I think I'm going crazy - someone must know.

Can somebody please help - does the person making the incoming call to my on-line number get charged any fee for calling the skype number?   I realise Skype won't charge them, but how does it work with whoever is their provider?  If there is a fee how does it work ?      H E L P   P L E A S E

AHA-1019
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I could not find this page on the website anywhere - it seems quite user-UNfriendly to me, but thanks again.

View solution in original post
Please use plain text.
AHA-1019
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 10 (3,541 Views)

Hi,
Maybe this FAQ will help you: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA247
If my answer helped to fix your issue, mark it as a Solution to help others.
Thank You!

Please send private messages only upon request.
Please use plain text.
Joanna_M
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 617
Message 2 of 10 (3,497 Views)

Thank you for your response.

I could not find this page on the website anywhere - it seems quite user-UNfriendly to me, but thanks again.

Please use plain text.
AHA-1019
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 10 (3,494 Views)

hi

i agree i just want to call my boyfriend who is in usa right now and i dont no if he will get charged for the call if i call him? his phone is connected to denmark and im in denmark so if i call him on my normal phone he will get charged and i really want to call him... i cant find help in here on skype, i need a hotline to call.....

Please use plain text.
luske_tiger
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 10 (3,426 Views)

I have an on line number .. I can't dial it from several different phones!! It says this number has not been assigned!! Help please .. is there nobody that I can get a quick answer from in Skype.?>..  this is such an irritation for the past couple of days  BazL

Please use plain text.
BazL
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (2,475 Views)

I, having the same problem. Yesterday I bought a number and so far it hasnt been working! and im in desperation to have it on, i have already paid for it and there is no skype help number so we can call for help! pls anyone from skype answer this post of mine

Please use plain text.
danyellag
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (2,021 Views)

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1916
Message 7 of 10 (1,122 Views)

Does any know how to contact tech support for telephone routing issues to the land line phone system

Barry

Please use plain text.
Barecat
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (912 Views)

@AHA1019,

Can somebody please help - does the person making the incoming call to my on-line number get charged any fee for calling the skype number? 

Potentially; yes.  A Skype Number is a fixed line number, there would be toll charges to call your Skype Number if the number is not considered a local number to the caller; therefore the local telephone company could charge toll fees.  That is why purchasing a Skype Number convenient to where most of your callers would be located could reduce the chance that toll charges would be incurred.  Your callers placing their calls to you would be charged these fees, not you.

@Barecat,

Does any[one] know how to contact tech support for telephone routing issues to the land line phone system

For your enquiry, or any other questions or problems related to a Skype Number not working after purchase, being assigned elsewhere when you paid for the number, or other matters, you will need to contact Skype Customer Service directly as we here in the Community are not authorized to access Skype account files or records.

Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service

You will need to proceed through each step, one at a time. Sign on to the Skype website as requested. Choose the subject and topic which most closely matches the item you need assistance with. Then, continue past Step 2 of the instruction where several articles from the FAQ library will appear for you to review, and proceed to Step 3, Continue Support Request (the blue "button" appears at the lower right corner of the website page). You may also skip through Step 4 where you will be referred back here to the Community; no need to do this as the Community is where you started.

Regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 9 of 10 (909 Views)

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 10 of 10 (479 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling