Multiple online numbers with multiple online log-i...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Multiple online numbers with multiple online log-ins

Is it possible to have multiple online numbers linked to a single Skype account? I have family in multiple countries and would like to have an online Skype number in each, is this possible? Also, can I be logged in from multiple computers at the same time? What happens when someone calls your online number, do all logged in computers ring simultaneously? I keep my home computer on 24/7 but would like to be able to pick up calls on my iPad/iPhone when not home and don't want to have to remember to log off when leaving home. Is this possible, multiple online numbers with multiple devices logged into the same account? If so when on a call assume the new caller would receive a busy signal and go into voicemail, is this correct?
Wdeertz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 5 (4,727 Views)

Re: Multiple online numbers with multiple online log-ins

[ Edited ]

Wdeertz wrote:
Is it possible to have multiple online numbers linked to a single Skype account? I have family in multiple countries and would like to have an online Skype number in each, is this possible? Also, can I be logged in from multiple computers at the same time? What happens when someone calls your online number, do all logged in computers ring simultaneously? I keep my home computer on 24/7 but would like to be able to pick up calls on my iPad/iPhone when not home and don't want to have to remember to log off when leaving home. Is this possible, multiple online numbers with multiple devices logged into the same account? If so when on a call assume the new caller would receive a busy signal and go into voicemail, is this correct?

Is it possible to have multiple online numbers linked to a single Skype account?

Yes, a normal Skype name ("One not created via the Skype Manager") can have as many as 10 different Skype Online Numbers.

That said, there are a few things to think about. All Skype Online Numbers purchased for this normal Skype name will share the same Skype Voicemail greeting and Skype Voicemail inbox. These Skype Online Numbers will also when Skype Call Forwarding is in place all forward to the same phone number or Skype name as well.

Also, can I be logged in from multiple computers at the same time?

Yes, you can be logged in as the same Skype name on multiple devices/computers at the same time. For inbound calls, the first device/computer that answers, gets the call.

If so when on a call assume the new caller would receive a busy signal and go into voicemail, is this correct?

This depends on your Skype Voicemail options, you can set the options to send calls automatically to Skype Voicemail when you are in a call and/or when you reject a call.

Notes:

Check to make sure the countries you ("Think") are available are available, for Skype Online Numbers here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/online-number

You can act like you are going to purchase any Skype Online Number and not complete the purchase to also determine, if that country has any additional requirements to be able to purchase a Skype Online Numbers in that country, such as an address, or other information.

If you are going to be purchasing a Skype Subscription/Call Plan at the same time you are looking to purchase your Skype Online Numbers, purchase the Skype Subscription/ Call Plan first, make sure it is also ("Active") prior to purchasing any Skype Online Numbers, because you can get discounts on Skype Online Numbers if you have an active Skype Subscription/Call Plan, which will save you money.

You may wish to use the Skype Manager to make ("All") your purchases for a Skype Subscription(s)/Call Plan(s) and Online Numbers.

This would allow you to assign Skype Online Numbers at will, to different Skype names, and also allow you to have different Skype Voicemail greetings and Skype Voicemail inboxes as well as forward each of these Online Numbers to different Skype names or phone numbers when/if needed.

While only one Skype Online Number can be assigned to each Skype Manager member, in a Skype Manager, you could easily forward all Online Numbers purchased from the Skype Manager to the same Skype name or phone number.

If you are located in the U.S. you cannot add normal Skype names as members to the Skype Manager, you must create business Skype names, in that case from the Skype Manager. The benefit of doing this is you can also reset the password for any of these business Skype names in the event that there is a need to do so.

Example: You purchase all these Skype Online Numbers as a normal Skype name and decide to give someone the password to this normal Skype name. It could take some time to have customer support change that password, if that person you gave the password to, decided to change it, which would lock you out of that Skype name vs. using the Skype Manager to simply reset that same password.

You do not need to be a company or business to use the Skype Manager, which then would allow you, when/if needed to add other members to your Skype Manager ("With the prior restriction stated before for the U.S.") and use one payment method to fund all Skype services, for all members, of your Skype Manager.

More here about the Skype Manager: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/skype-manager

More here about Skype Subscriptions/Call Plans: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 571
Message 2 of 5 (4,723 Views)

Changing my a Skype account on my Mac to match my iPad and iPhone account

I have inadvertently set up two different skype accounts, one on my macbook pro and one on my iphone and ipad.

I would like to delete the account on my mac book pro or at least make it the same as my iphone and ipad. I want to keep my iphone and ipad account as the main account as I have some credit on this. Any ideas?

jaiu
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (4,030 Views)

Re: Multiple online numbers with multiple online log-ins

I have two online numbers for the same country. Both the numbers are meant to be for two separate activities. However when someone calls on either of the two numbers, I don't know for which number is the call meant ?

altertom1980
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (3,989 Views)

Re: Changing my a Skype account on my Mac to match my iPad and iPhone account

[ Edited ]

Hi jaiu, just log out on your Macbook from the account you don't want to use and log into your other account. Isn't it that simple?!

saschee
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (3,750 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling