MEXICO - OnLine Number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

MEXICO - OnLine Number

Hi support, 

I recently got a online number for myself in Mexico. Some of my friends there are saying this number is a mobile phone number. I want it to be a land line number, or it would be very expensive for them to call me. 

I think I need to confirm that the number I got (55 4169 1611) is a LAND LINE number. Could you please confirm this to me? 

Thanks, Tiago 

--
Tiago Durante

Accepted Solution

by wd9ewk

tiagodurante wrote:

Hi support, 

I recently got a online number for myself in Mexico. Some of my friends there are saying this number is a mobile phone number. I want it to be a land line number, or it would be very expensive for them to call me. 

I think I need to confirm that the number I got (55 4169 XXXX) is a LAND LINE number. Could you please confirm this to me? 

Thanks, Tiago 

That number is considered a Mexican landline number.  When dialed from outside Mexico, it does not require a "1" after the +52 country code.  I just dialed it, and someone answered just as I was hanging up.  If it was a cellular/mobile number, I would have heard a recording tell me I needed to put in a 1 after the country code.

I also have an Online Number in Mexico City, although mine starts with 8421 XXXX.  It, too, is treated as a landline number and not as a cellular/mobile number. 

Good luck!

Patrick 

P.S.: In the future, it is advisable not to post a complete phone number in this forum.  Omitting the last 4 digits, as I did in my post, is probably the best way to go.  With that said, having the complete number present in your post allowed me to test it out, and confirm that the Mexican phone network considers your Online Number as a landline number. 

View solution in original post
tiagodurante
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (494 Views)

Re: MEXICO - OnLine Number

[ Edited ]

tiagodurante wrote:

Hi support, 

I think I need to confirm that the number I got (55 4169 XXXX) is a LAND LINE number. Could you please confirm this to me? 

Thanks, Tiago 

That number is considered a Mexican landline number.  When dialed from outside Mexico, it does not require a "1" after the +52 country code.  I just dialed it, and someone answered just as I was hanging up.  If it was a cellular/mobile number, I would have heard a recording tell me I needed to put in a 1 after the country code.

I also have an Online Number in Mexico City, although mine starts with 8421 XXXX.  It, too, is treated as a landline number and not as a cellular/mobile number. 

Good luck!

Patrick 

P.S.: In the future, it is advisable not to post a complete phone number in this forum.  Omitting the last 4 digits, as I did in my post, is probably the best way to go.  With that said, having the complete number present in your post allowed me to test it out, and confirm that the Mexican phone network considers your Online Number as a landline number. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 564
Message 2 of 3 (487 Views)

Re: MEXICO - OnLine Number

Thank you very much! :happy:
--
Tiago Durante
tiagodurante
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (482 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling