Is it possible to forward cell phone calls to skyp...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to forward cell phone calls to skype?

Hi

I am relatively new to skype and I have a question. I have just moved to a new apartment and unfortunately the place is in a blind spot for my cell phone connection (which is T-mobile if it matters). I know that you can forward skype calls to a cell phone, but does the system work the other way too? I.e. would it be possible to forward cell phone calls to skype?

Thanks,

Andrey

andreyss
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (32,577 Views)

Re: Is it possible to forward cell phone calls to skype?

andreyss wrote:

Hi

I am relatively new to skype and I have a question. I have just moved to a new apartment and unfortunately the place is in a blind spot for my cell phone connection (which is T-mobile if it matters). I know that you can forward skype calls to a cell phone, but does the system work the other way too? I.e. would it be possible to forward cell phone calls to skype?

If you purchase a Skype Online Number, you should be able to do that.  You can set your phone to forward all calls to your Skype number, and then you can answer the calls using the Skype program on a computer or an app on a mobile device (tablet, iPod, even an app on your mobile phone).  You'd have to set the call-forwarding on your mobile phone before you entered the "blind spot" that seems to cover your apartment. Make sure what T-Mobile does with the forwarded calls in relation to the plan on your mobile phone.  Some plans only allow for a certain number of minutes for forwarded calls in a month (even on "unlimited" plans), where other plans treat forwarded calls like the calls you make or receive on the phone itself. 

If you haven't already done so, you may want to call T-Mobile and advise them of the gap in their network's coverage at your apartment. A fix may be as simple as a minor adjustment to a cell tower that can be done remotely, or moving an antenna on a tower to give your apartment better coverage.  You never know what is possible if you don't ask.....

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 646
Message 2 of 5 (32,563 Views)

is there a charge by skype for forwarding you cell phohe to your skype number?

brich2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (32,555 Views)

brich2 wrote:

is there a charge by skype for forwarding you cell phohe to your skype number?

There is no charge by Skype to forward calls from your mobile phone (or any telephone) to a Skype Online Number.  Just answer the call from your Skype program/app, or - if you have it - let the forwarded call go to Skype Voicemail.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 646
Message 4 of 5 (32,541 Views)

Transferred new post to start a new thread on the Skype Number message board.

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1859
Message 5 of 5 (20,844 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling