Re: How to get an online number quickly?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get an online number quickly?

Hi,

The current system keeps on complaining about available number, but at least you should have an ability to generate one once 4 tries are not available?  What gives?

Thanks.

knowledgenotebk
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (397 Views)

knowledgenotebk wrote:

What gives?

Hello,

Online #s are owned and allocated by the responsible telco in any given country/area - not Skype.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1519
Message 2 of 6 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's a good pointer, so, I gave you kodu and thank you, once the problem is resolved quickly, I'll then mark it as a solution.  Weird though, screen looks so pretty but system design is flawed.

knowledgenotebk
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (378 Views)

Update:

skype email support is unhelpful.  I specifically asked them to generate a number for me since their system has a problem of doing so but they still have not.

Do they have a support phone number to call?  Thanks.

knowledgenotebk
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]

Problem.  Their email support still hasn't responded?  Is it likely some bad guy, I mean, corrupt/misinformed security apparatus individual messed me up?  Otherwise, I don't see any reason why such a simple task that skype support would fail to do.

knowledgenotebk
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (337 Views)

I have trying to get an on line # for four days i am in Fl. and would like to have a PH. #."Frustrated"

edwardmorneau
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling